Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do yo think just the skeleton and the lantern is enough? Just add webs and moss now? Feels like it needs more!

·
Registered
181 Posts
i think it is plenty of decorating with the skeleton and lamp. my only suggestion would be maybe moss and some additional lighting to show the skelly, it gets a little lost.

looks awesome!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Terra, your display looks awesome! I will show my wife this and probably make a trip to hobby lobby today today. I really like the brown added

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Hauntermom, Thanks for the comments. I made these out of 2x4s The bases are 22" I made 8 of them for top and bottom. painted them grey and then dry brushed a lighter grey. Added BigAnt's LED RCA lighting to light up the skull and his eyes, plus have flicker bulbs in the jackolanterns and lanterns. and then lots of time lol but the parts were

(4) 1x1x92
(2) 2x4x92
Gorrilla Glue
screws
Nail gun

some molding
and then paint

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can't think of where I have the picture, but somewhere on Pinterest is an image of a skele covered with lichen/moss covering on his person, like he is from the sea bottom. If I find it, I'll post it here too.

Your display looks awesome. I might only think to add the swamp moss hanging from the top of the pillar and let it flow over the edges into long tendrils of moss. That would cover the base a little without detracting from the main focus of the skele and lantern on top.
IMHO I think they look great!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Man those came out great!!!! I really wish I was better at wood working and didnt suck at miter cuts as much as I do!!! I like the pumpkins on top!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks BigAnt, I can't take credit for the whole thing. My father in law has all the tools/saws in the world so he helped my erect them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts