Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have the hallway, bathroom, living room and kitchen themed and started.
Any suggestions would be appreciated! I don't really like cheesy though.

Hallway (entryway) of darkness
I will be hanging black something (streamers/gauze) so that you can't see the party on entering and have to push through it to get in all the way to the living room, probably have some sort of sign on the door "party goers enter if you dare" sign (it's a very safe nice apartment complex so I shouldn't have to worry about much)

Abandoned mansion living room
Spider webs everywhere, white sheets covering furniture, dead roses, Already have some nice mansion-y looking paintings to string spider webs on, dead leaves, candles (still deciding on if I'll make those pvc ones... probably will)
Fog (got the fogger, building chiller to keep it on the ground)

Murder bathroom
Bloody shower curtain
Blood filled tub (going to test a few red things first to see if they stain)
Lipstick on mirror (already tested all good)
I have a false ceiling that is clear so maybe sillouhettes or red plastic across it to make the bathroom tinged red.
Maybe those spider sacks (they where so awesome)
Sound effect under sink (whispering, crying something)

Witches kitchen
Feather/bone mobiles
Potions
Bones
Cauldrons
Spell book

Menu (I am vegetarian)
Skewered pumpkin
Pumpkin soup served in a pumpkin
Harvest bread
Candy (of course!)

Hand in punch bowl

Carmel apple martinis
-Vodka
-Buttershots
-Green apple pucker

That is it so far, hoping to add a few more menu items and research a couple more drinks (I'll have an open bar as well, but I like to have a few premixed drinks for ease)

·
Registered
137 Posts
this sounds really awesome! I love the caramel apple martini idea - those sound really good!

·
Registered
120 Posts
AriaDragonfly, can you share your caramel apple martini recipe with us? I tried a recipe last year but it was not very good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure!
Carmel Apple Martini
1 part vodka
2 parts buttershots (or butterscotch schnapps)
2 parts sour apple pucker

Shaken with ice and strained into a martini glass
Rim the martini glass with carmel or butterscotch for an extra special treat!

If you want this less sweet and a bit sparkly (the way I prefer it)

Sparkling Carmel Apple Martini
1/2 part vodka
1 part soda water
1 part buttershots
1 part green apple pucker

Dont shake stir with ice!

One of my original drink recipes

Going Going Gone
1 part rockstar (either guava or pomegranite)
1 part margarita mix
1 part either tequila or vodka

Stirred with ice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: "sound effect under sink (whispering, crying something)" I'm trying the same thing, just ordered an Eviltron from thinkgeek. I hope it will sound ok...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did something similar for the bathroom last year (blood, spider sacks etc), but I had "kids playing" sounds in the closet, really quiet, it ended up being really creepy, you could barely hear it, it turned out great! I'm going to try the "crying" sounds this year!

I'm also doing the themed rooms idea, but we've got 10 rooms and I'm running out of ideas! If anyone has any more ideas please post them! So far I've got the bathroom, similar to what AriaDragonfly is doing, the entrance/hallway is also similar, very dark with a few green spotlights on the spiderwebs in the corners and dark material hanging on the staircase before you get upstairs, living room will be "red" theme, red lights, lots of candles, black curtains, hallway will also have lots of things hanging from the ceiling, with curtains draped at both entrances to the hallway, some skeleton scene setters on the walls and a strobelight, "blacklight" room downstairs with ghost scene setters on the walls, old creepy forest room downstairs, and I'm thinking spiders everywhere on the patio.

But I'm not sure what to do with the dining room, a staircase seperates the living room and dining room so you can see either room from another, but don't want to carry the same theme over either. And we've got another empty room downstairs that I don't know what to do with!! I've done the witches kitchen twice now so want to do something else in the kitchen but not sure what.

Any tips would be greatly apprecaited!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am doing a haunted hospital but think I may steal some of your ideas AriaDragonfly........ pretty please!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The party sounds fabulous. Am I invited?

Don't forget the sound effects and creepy music. You have to have zombies jump out of closets and ghouls arise spontaneously from open coffins. You might want to have costumed friends or teens dress up and hide behind bushes or trees in the front of your house, and then jump out and startle your guests as they arrive.

If you have a spare room with a big screen (or small) TV available, you could have a loop of the Rob Zombie "Halloween" movie playing continuously. Plenty of blood and guts in that version.

Take lots of pictures!

·
Registered
110 Posts
OW! I'm deeply disappointed about the Rob Zombie Halloween thing; why does everyone like that one so much? I think it killed the entire vibe of Moustafa Akkad's version! -sorry, just had to let that out-

For the vampire bedroom you could go for red or black satin sheets, and just put someone/puppet in there, arms crossed etc. And then perhaps raise up when someone come in. Curtains blowing in open window would do very well for that... If you do one bedroom vampire and the other zombie, I would make a huge contrast between the smae things: satin sheets vs disgusting filthy sheets, velvet curtains vs cleescloth ones, clean floor vs bloody floor, shiny candleholders vs ccandleholders with the candles broken half lying next to it...something like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fortunately my bedroom already is almost like a vampire bedroom haha... I have Gothic dresser/vanity furniture, a dark cherry wood bed, red and black bed sheets and comforter and dark red curtains. So all I'll really need is like black roses, some sort of candelabra, and maybe a few other things.
The second bedroom though will need a lot, as all that is in there is a guest bed with purple sheets and the ferrets live in there.... so all their toys and such (we have quite a few ferrets and cats residing with us... and two rabbits)

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
Your party and rooms sound great for the second bedroom if the ferrets run loose maybe you could do a rabid animal attack scene. Im not sure if you could find any type of color to safely color thier fur reddish. but that would be creepy with a victim that had been bitten/ eaten by the rabid ferrets and other animals in there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha yeah our ferrets do run loose in the room, they have a cage but we keep it open and only put them in it once in a while.
I was thinking of doing something with them, but they are all really friendly/lazy haha, they mostly sleep all day and sometimes play...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Awesome ideas! I always did the hand in punch thing too but got an idea this year, make two hands put them palm up and do a face in the middle. Just grab a plastic face mask and put duct tape on the inside & outside of the mask covering all holes, fill a little over half way. Let it freeze for 2 days and it looks awesome! Hope you have an awesome party!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts