Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This what I'm planning for my family party next week.

shrimp brain spread
deviled ham on toasts
vegetable platter with dip
cheese/meat platter
taco dip with tortilla chips
deviled eggs
gougeres
punch, cider, coffee, water, tea, orange juice,

chocolate chip cookies
witch finger cookies
meringue ghosts
eerie eyeballs
cream cheese mints
truffles
cupcakes

The cookies, meringues, mints, truffles and cupcakes are made and in the freezer.

Here's some pics;

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mumbo; The ghosts are meringues. I made them with egg whites, icing sugar a wee bit of salt and cream of tartar. You just beat them to death (until stiff) and then pipe them out onto a baking sheet and dry them out at low heat. The eyes are candy sprinkles.

Muffy; I lurk a lot! I have a 6 monther and a toddler now so been super busy parenting, renovating and such. If I'm on the computer it's because the baby is sleeping on me so it's usually to hard to type.

So the kids are why I'm super organized. Everything has to be done ahead because if the kids aren't cooperating at the last minute, it won't matter because everything will be done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those coconut balls look yummy. I want to make some coconut balls for my pirate party, where did you get the recipe?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's in my recipe file but I don't know where I pulled it from.

Super easy though.

Truffles

1 8oz package cream cheese
2 cups icing sugar
2 cups chocolate (chips, chopped up chocolate bar, baking chocolate)
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla, liquor, extract (raspberry, orange) whatever you prefer.
toasted coconut, icing sugar, sprinkles, cocoa powder, something to roll them in

In a big bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth (with hand mixer). Gradually beat in the icing sugar until blended.

Melt chocolate (I use the microwave). Stir in chocolate and whatever flavouring you prefer. Put in the fridge for 15-30 minutes until the chocolate is stiff enough to form into balls.

Line a baking sheet with wax paper to put the balls on.

Shape chocolate into small balls (I use my hands). If the chocolate starts to melt, just put it back in the fridge. If they are still fine roll into toppings or put in fridge and then when chilled dip into toppings. Chill or freeze until serving.

*I don't know how long these will stay dry on a serving platter. I made chocolates with cherries inside last year and after being frozen and defrosted they held up fine all night. I'm hoping these will be the same. You could always serve the platter on ice to keep them cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts