Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 parties this Saturday!!! The Tweens' start at 6pm. I am expecting at least 20 of them (Lord help me!) They will leave at 9:30, then the Adults Party starts at 10pm. Late, I know, But the Adult party was a spontanious decision. My entire house has been transformed. Front LR, dining room, kitchen and den are the Witches domain, The Spare BR is the Feast room with the Dead Zombie Buffet. The Bathroom is a Murder scene. The Office has a Large Clown behind the dest. (you will see him when leaving the Bathroom). The hall to the Master BR has been blacked out with floating candles and the :Ring" girl standing in the deep shadowed corner. The Pool water will be Blood Red with a Skeleton floating in a coffin, and a few glowing floating hands. The far side of the pool is the Cemetery and a floating Witch with her burning Cauldron. I am TIRED, Stressed, and NOT DONE!

I am stuck on a simple Shot Recipe, Jello? vs, Liquid... I don't have time for Worms! Can I get some help?

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Wow - you've got your party scene setup figured out, and it all sounds great! :D
Don't stress out so much - no one but you will know about the things you don't have time for!

As far as simple drink/shot recipes, I'd go with the classic caramel apple shot (two parts sour apple pucker to one part butterscotch schnapps - but try it beforehand to tweak the mix to your liking) or the candy corn jello shot - http://hoosierhomemade.com/candy-corn-jello-shots/ but it sounds like it would be a bit of time to prep and then chill, so might just want to stick to the apple one... or maybe someone else has a good idea? :)

Registered
As far as simple drink/shot recipes, I'd go with the classic caramel apple shot (two parts sour apple pucker to one part butterscotch schnapps - but try it beforehand to tweak the mix to your liking)
That is also what I was going to suggest. Another idea is spicy bloody mary shots:

shot of vodka, chilled
250ml/9fl oz thin tomato juice, chilled
1 lime, juice only
2 tsp freshly grated horseradish
1 tsp celery salt
a good shake of Tabasco
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
and thinly sliced celery for garnish.

Registered
We had our party last Saturday and I always do Jello shots. Here are the recipes I did this year:

Cherry Bomb: cherry Jello, Torched Cherry rum, Peach vodka, Amaretto (not much amaretto though鈥攅nough to just give it a hint of that almond flavor)
Lemon Bomb: lemon Jello, passion fruit Malibu
Love Potion #9: strawberry Jello, strawberry rum, Tito鈥檚 vodka
Tropic Thunder: berry blast Jello, Pineapple coconut rum, Hypnotiq (2/3 to 1/3)
Margarita: lime Jello, tequila, triple sec
Watermelon: watermelon Jello, melon liqueur, apple pucker, vodka

I generally go 1 cup water, 1 cup booze. They鈥檙e strong but they go down pretty readily. A neighbor does pudding shots as her specialty that she brings to many events and she brought a bunch of those too.

Registered
Another good one is the Brain Hemmorage. Fill a shot glass 3/4 full with peach schnapps, float a little Bailey's on top, then pour a teaspoon of grenadine through the Bailey's and down into the schnapps. It looks really sick, but tastes pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts