Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd been wanting to make one of those dead fairies from dollar store mini skeletons for awhile. I couldn't get the teeny tiny ones, but I got this one that's about 1' tall. So I mummified it with glue and tissue, painted and and glazed it, added some silk leaves and flowers, and re conned a broken bird feeder left on the burn pile by the former owners of our property. Done03.jpg Done02a.jpg Done05.jpg Done07.jpg One of the most satisfying parts of this project was that I was able to use a bunch of materials that I had on hand OR that the former owners left in the crawlspace storage (things that had fallen out of their boxes over the years) like the chain, wire, and all the silk plants. I think the only thing I purchased specifically for this was the plastic skelly!I'm not sure about the rules here, but I did a big, long (possibly tedious) tutorial on my blog. If it's not against the rules and if anyone is interested I can link to that post.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,498 Posts
This is just really cool looking. Love how you re-purposed so many things you had or found. It looks creepy!

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I'm not sure about the rules here, but I did a big, long (possibly tedious) tutorial on my blog. If it's not against the rules and if anyone is interested I can link to that post.
I'd love to see the tutorial.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much! I just finally hung her up with another pet/prisoner I made a couple years ago. I'll try to rustle up pics and post that, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts