Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to build a new pneumatic prop this year. I had a pvc mechanism for a pop up I re-purposed inside a half coffin. I plan on setting the coffin at a 30ish degree angle and making it look like it is half buried/sticking out of the ground. Built the coffin out of fence pickets, couple hinges and 2 screen door openers converted to actuators.
Vehicle Furniture Wood Skiff

Wood Furniture Table Automotive exterior Plywood

Easel Room Wood

I also put together a controller with an arduino and some other parts I had. It plays an ambient loop, then a triggered scare sound while operating the relays for the pneumatics.
Electrical wiring Electronics Electronic engineering Electrical network Cable management

Just need to find a mask, plumb the exhaust and finish wiring it all up.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Great job! Just an FYI though, go to ebay and pick up some real pneumatic cylinders, there's always a ton of them for cheap. They work so much better than screen door closers on a lot less air pressure. Screen door cylinders take a lot of PSI just to overcome the internal spring. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, I want to make one for nex year. By the way nice DSM in the background good to see fellow DSM in to walloween decoration.
Haha I would have never guessed anyone here would have a clue. That's my 91 awd with the works, I have stock(ish) 91 fwd daily driver.

Thanks everyone else, I should have it all finished this week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This using 3 cylinders, 2 open the doors and one for the man. One three way valve is plumbed to the 2 cylinders for the doors, and another three way valve is plumbed for the cylinder on the man. Everything uses 1/4 push to connect fittings and line.

I am using converted door closes for the cylinders but you could make this work with 3 cylinders in the 4-8" stroke rage depending on geometry. There really isn't much force needed so you could use fairly small bore cylinders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts