Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my latest creation! I was shooting for a prop that would both startle people and gross them out...and this is what I came up with! I didn't find anything to go off of, so I designed the pneumatics behind the prop myself. Personally, I think I nailed it! I'm very happy with the results. Tell me what you think!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Lol! How funny! Rest assured, that WILL certainly gross a lot of people out!

I thought I'd seen it all but you guys constantly surprise me with your ideas. Great prop!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm hoping to...do u know how I could make my own? Or a place to buy some cheaply? Thanks!

·
cheap and easy
2,292 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way, because I love the prop but I also have a problem with it that maybe you haven't though about.

I'm saying this from experience because I had a nasty filthy toilet prop in my haunt that sprayed the ToTs with a mist of water. It went over very well but I also had signs put up that explained that anything that sprayed on anyone was "CLEAN WATER" and I still had people to ask about it and a little mad till I showed them the signs again.

This is where I think you will have some problems...your toilet and the water shooting out has monster mud in it and if that gets on clothes it will dry and leave a stain. The stain will probably be washable because drywall compound will come off with water. But still you never want it on the body or clothes of the ToTs.

Something else that concerns me is the pressure shooting the water/monster mud into someones face or eyes. Again from experience, unless this prop has a wall around it or Plexiglas then ToTs will find away to get to it and depending on how the prop is activated, motion detector or actor it sets them up to take a hit to the face or eyes with a watery mix of monster mud.

Again I love the prop and used one in my haunt for 4 years and it sprayed water on many ToTs but it was clean water with the illusion of it being nasty dirty toilet water and crap.

The burping/bubbling of the toilet water is great and really adds to the effect but I would cut the pressure down so it stays in the toilet bowl and use another air line that sprayed out clean water at the ToTs.

They do make scents for what you are looking for or at least they did a few years ago when I used the toilet prop. I just can't remember where I got it from. Love the prop!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@madmax...thank you for your advice...I tried to keep monster mud out of the bowl and the majority of the "stuff" in their is actually great stuff (expanding foam) so I think I'll b ok...so far anyways I've had nothing but water come out of the prop, but I'll definitely keep an eye out and b ready to make changes should I need to...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I love the idea but, that thing is competley gross. I've wanted to make one that has something pop up from the toilet seat and scare the kids. I don't know how to fit it into our theme but our neighbor actually has one sitting on her front lawn for the last week for someone to pick up. Hubby would kill me though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Love it- it's so gross!
For the smell - "Liquid Ass". Bought some of it last year for our outhouse prop and that stuff is vile. My niece told me that the kids were still talking about the stink a month ago. I was sold on the stuff after watching a couple of youtube videos where people used it for various pranks.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I picked up some rabbit spray for our garden. It's made with rotten eggs I believe. You can get it in the garden center. It's to keep deer and rabbits out of your garden and that stuff if FOUL! Don't get it on your hands or spray too close to open windows.

·
Registered
40 Posts
All I can say is WHOA!! Who did THAT?

buggynutt:
I imagine when that thing sprays someone, he's not gonna have to worry about not having added "vomit" to the prop.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts