Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mini Jail!! UPDATED AND FINISHED!!

finshed it yesrtday its pretty simple. 2x3 base and top and 1/2 PVC pipe. added a light and fan thing from a fake fire i had around. and then did that drip thing. i still have to put the back on, fake barb wire and the sign. its pretty cool at night.

i finally got it done. put the pallet slats on the back. i would have put the sign in but it wasnt done drying :( well i really like it! how about you??

Thanks!
-BYH

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice job!!!
Is the occupant going to be static or animated or real?
If real who's going to be captive for the night:p

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh i forgot that its going to be a real person next year i might do something cool with it. but i think my bro should be in there lol. oh i still need to make the sign and put this fake barb wire in.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you take long bungee cords and run it through two of the pipes next to each other a live actor could come out and chase people when they least expect it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Run the bungee cord through the center of the pipe. connect the top and bottom of the cord to the jail cell. Do this to 2 of the pipes of the cell. It will look like the bars are solid and un movable but you can push the bars to the side because the bars are not fastened to the cell the bungee cord running through them are.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Here is a jail that we made a few years back. we put a few more cross bars in the middle to make it look more solid. the poles are electrical conduit and we painted the cross beams before assemble. the rivets are just wood buttons used to fill holes in wood furniture painted silver. two of the poles can be pulled up thru the top so someone can slide in under the bottom cross beam, then the poles pushed back down and it look like there is no way out. (picture taken in 2007)
View attachment 6986
and yes the party got a little crazy after getting it all set up and everyone started drinking that night

We learned that it was no fun to be in a cage in 2007 so for 2008 we added chains and hung it from the back of a basket ball backboard out on the street as seen in video.

In the background you can hear the sounds of crying from help coming up from below ground, the dog growling (raindeer dog prop) thunder... and maybe some house music?

YouTube - Spooky Place, Halloween Cage 2008

·
Registered
117 Posts
let's see it in action! :D

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks i thought of putting a strobe in but im going for a jail theme. something mild for the kids.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would consider a roof or a few bars on top to close it in better. The strobe is not for the effect but as this is hanging on a standalone basket ball hoop in the street, attempting to keep someone from driving into it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts