Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I worked on it, this long weekend...I used Nephilims' plans
but instead of screwing everything together,
used brackets and corner brackets with bolts and wing nuts.
I need to be able to put everything away on Halloween night,
so it is not stolen!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Nice work, i also went the wing nut route on mine. I can dissassemble it in minutes and store it easilly. That is a very good idea with the vacuform stone sides. Just an idea but i also made a roller dolly for mine so i just wheel it right into place on the big night.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks you all, you're so nice! This is my first hand made BIG prop..
Evil, vacform is from sketch-lite.com, 38.00 a sheet, which is not bad, but the shipping is a killer, unless the order is more than 6 sheets, then it becomes a better deal!
TK, the caps are from kingmetals.com and yep, they are plastic.
KPrimm, great idea about the dolly, I've been scooting the thing around my patio to work on it and it's a real pain...LOL

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Nice job Davy. Are the entrance lights flicker bulbs? What are your plans for the inside? Looking forward to seeing your progress.

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Awsome! Thanks for the link, love the variety they have - and good prices, too.
There's a thread on here, which has all kinds of info on those plastic fence finials.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/61621-fence-finials-again.html

It really has been a helpful thread for using them, with different ideas, and techniques for attaching them.

And that Mausoleum looks pretty cool. We want to attempt something about that size for our haunt/party this year... Dont know if it will happen, but I enjoy looking at everyones work either way!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks you all for the nice things you say!
Johnny, I decided to just attach black tarp to the inside; I want to leave the back wall open (but just covered with tarp), so I can stash fog machine in the back, along with the chiller trash can...which means I'll have another tarp "curtain" right behnd the ghost

Yeah, that paint came out pretty good; I'm going to light the thing with blue spots, which should look cool...never wanna sponge paint ever again! LOL

1 - 20 of 65 Posts