Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this year was my sons turn for the "mega" costume.
Each year one of the kids ( I have 4 ) gets picked to go all out instead of just getting a store bought.
This time I wanted to do a really dirty, nasty zombie.So far this is what I have for the top.Not yet finished with the pants though they are close and will post pics when done.For now here are the undershirt and jacket.
Blood is the normal homemade mixer of corn syrup, flour, and red dye and a lot of eyeballing! I choose to make it since I use it all over and in and around their mouths.Plus it is tacky and you can get things to stick to it if you need a dirty look like dirt and gunk.
I used a bit of black spray paint here and there to give it a burnt look as well as setting some spots on fire for the realistic look.Threw it in the dirt a few times.Stomped on it.

CLICK FOR BIG!

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Yeah that's looking good.

It's surprising how few people make their own costumes, when they always come out the best.

·
that dude ain't right
615 Posts
Yeah that's looking good.

It's surprising how few people make their own costumes, when they always come out the best.
Custom made, and you'll never find someone with the exact same costume. I've never done store bought. I LOVE that jacket. Might make one just to wear out on cool nights.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My camera stinks ( 1.3 MP ) need to upgrade big time.
You cant see the sporadic hair I put on his head, which is real ( thanks to the wife ) :D
It turned out really good and had everyone talking and taking pictures.He had fun with it all night but couldn't wait to shower to get it all off! The blood was really tacky so I could understand.
I also added a neck bite prosthetic but again, the camera didn't pick it up very well in the full picture but was an eye catcher for all and had many comments.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Very nice and similar to mine. Try using flesh latex next year to cover some of the bald cap and blood to cover the rest. Awesome idea about the hair. I bought my crepe hair at a store. Maybe I'll chop the wifes hair in her sleep for next year. LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bald cap was sorta last minute.i used spirit gum to adhere it and then liquid latex at the seam with gunk and blood as you can see so I could blend it in and have it not look so fake.
The rest I just used the rest of my paint mix and rubbed it in while using rubber gloves.Let it get tacky and gave it some texture.I then added the hair with spirit gum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1ST PLACE !!

There was a costume contest for all the kids in the complex ( about 100 kids! ) and my son took 1st place!
He got a coupon for a free large pizza from up the street and a bag full of goodies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts