Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just thought I'd post a short video of my maze from this year. Had mostly everything working in time for Halloween (although I did work on it for two days straight in the lead up). Video is a bit dark and I only have a very small space to work with, but you get the idea :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Rp8U1fMwk

- Daniel

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
like the lights and sounds a lot. I have some strobes some where and really should dig them out and use them. It really is a nice effect on your spider webs. What was the green and red lighting? That was really cool.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the maze. I learned last year that a maze is tougher to implement than to imagine.
Thanks guys, yes a Maze is quite a bit of work. This was my third year doing a maze now, so I at least had an idea of what I was getting myself into lol.
The green and red lighting is just a cheap ebay "laser show" type thing. Think it cost me about $12 delivered! The Strobe used in the spider web room (and inside the crate, which is barely visible at the end) were both from a local dollar store. I modified them by fitting an Arduino into them so I could control the speed and duration of the flashing so I could time it to the sound effects. The crate at the end was made from pallets from work and had a strobe and an electric car door lock actuator in it to make the lid open. I actually burnt one out while I was initially programming it... Lesson learnt: Car door lock motors don't like being constantly actuated for 2+ hours.....

Managed to finally get my Axworthy ghost working outside too. It was a massive failure last year so I put a bit more work into it this year :) I'll get some pictures and a video of it too before I pull down.

- Daniel

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took advantage of some helpers and got all mine down today. It's sad its gone but its down before the rain!
No such luck for me unfortunately. A few of my party guests stayed at the end and helped pack chairs away and clean up the rubbish but now its up to me to do the rest. Already started planning in my head for next year :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any hints? Haha
Nothing that specific yet, but I'm planing to slowly work on the electronics behind my maze throughout the year in order to make the final assembly next year a little easier. Most of my maze was up in the first week of October this time but the rest of the month was spent putting props together and making all of the electronics work together. If I can simplify that for next year, I should have a lot more time for all the finishing touches I always want to make, but never have time for!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a couple of quick photos of Mid-way through pulling down my maze.

So far I've got all of the black plastic down, and I'm just left with the PVC tube framework.
DSC_0219 - small.jpg

Here's the pile of plastic. Probably about $200 worth right there!
DSC_0220 - small.jpg

My metal Pumpkin head. Not nearly as scary during the day ;)
DSC_0221 - small4.jpg

The outside of my Monster Box.
DSC_0222 - small.jpg

And a quick look at how it worked.
DSC_0223 - small.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts