Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! Finally I can sit and show you what I managed to do last Halloween.
It was very casual, I was extra busy with "real" life (LOL) and I didn't manage to do things properly as I wished too.
Anyway sometimes it's better to do it and try it and whatever mistakes there will be there will be a lesson to learn.

Like my HALLOWEEN PIZZA! :D

I thought: "I make pizza often, I know it tasted good, let's do it!" I had black edible liquid color so I mixed it with my tomato sauce, from red to black. I tasted it. No changes in the flavor. Awesome! Then the WRONG idea... I cut the mozzarella with bat cookie cutter! Here:

Of course it wasn't a good idea. Why? because mozzarella MELTS in the oven, of course! I was to busy caring about the decoration than... thinking.
This is what came out for my great disappointment:

Then it became The Witches' Pizza, because it looked ugly but it tasted good :)

I also made some Mummy-Something... I don't recall how they are called :)
I'm pretty sure you all have seen them online... they're one of the first thing that pops out when you look for Halloween recipes! Of course they looked awful... (don't mind the table-cloth, I made them a few dinner before to try them and then re-made them) because the dough (right word?) kept melting on my hands. Need to find a better way to do this recipe, it's SO SIMPLE! And tasty. Tasty with zero effort :)

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I am glad you showed your photos, Juliet. Your story about the pizza was really funny. I was reading along, thinking "oh, how cute those little bats will be." At first, I didn't think of how they would melt either! The mummy dogs look delicious.

Did you make any decorations for the party? Any more photos? We love seeing what everyone creates.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This was the lovely cupcake holder I found accidentally. Very cheap! I wanted to build one but I had no time and I found it. I like it so bright. I mean, Halloween for me is also FUN! And it looked awesome on my Halloween Spiderish table cloth. Actually I never sew the borders XD shame on me. I'll do it this year :)

Of course I needed something to fill with the cupcake holder! I planned on making extra cool cupcakes but I was on such a rush that I simply made the usual chocolate cupcakes my friends love so much in Halloween themed wrappers!

You can also see the extra delicious marzipan pumpkin my husband got me! And a marzipan mummy too! Yummy!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am glad you showed your photos, Juliet. Your story about the pizza was really funny. I was reading along, thinking "oh, how cute those little bats will be." At first, I didn't think of how they would melt either! The mummy dogs look delicious.

Did you make any decorations for the party? Any more photos? We love seeing what everyone creates.
Thanks!!! :D
I'm uploading some more... but it takes so much time to choose cut and adjust and upload every photo, sorry :D
Plus I would write a book about everything, I try to say only what is useful otherwise there will be too much text :D

Do you think I can also post a pic or two of the decoration in this same post? those where table-decoration after all ! :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Almost forgot! Since my husband doesn't like pumpkin (awwwrrrr!!) I made a carrot soup. Because it was the only thing that he liked and looked orange :D
you can also see as I found matching Halloween napkin. I was pleased with my table!

alright let's post it here! it's right, "party ideas" after all!

Funny story about this pumpkin: I bought it like ten years ago in the shop where I work now, a craft shop.
Back then I simply painted with acrylics this styrofoam pumpkin but I didn't like it. At all. I left there.
Over the years I watched waiting for the right moment to come... and last year I was like "I'm gonna make you look good!"

I painted it over and over more times changing shades of orange and brown and green until finally I used a very bright yellow/green to highlight the shape and added glitters. from christmas, I admit it.

But finally I like it! It's weird and cute but a little scary to me... it looks like something that could turn out evil if you touch it :D

Well now you have seen my 2013 Halloween. No costume for me. I made a huge mistake on my shirt while sewing and I was tired so I just wore a NBC shirt and a black skirt.

:D

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I really like the paint job you did on your pumpkin. It looks like it is a real, carved-out pumpkin. Good job!

The soup looks festive too.

I spent a few weeks in Tuscany - near Lucca - with some friends. Two trips there actually. I just loved it there, and hope to get back. The family we know owns and operates the local pizzeria , which is the center of activity for the town. My only problem was I would resort to Spanish when trying to speak Italian, and was confusing everyone. :eek:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Oh Tuscany, what a wonderful place! Very lovely, the countryside is amazing, I used to go vacation over there!
You surely have to come back to Italy. People can be very unpolite sometimes (which drives me mad) but the food and the view is special... Pizzeria eh? how lucky! did you eat good pizza?

BTW Spanish and Italian have a lot in common. Did you know that sometimes when people from my city (Trieste, near Venice) go visiting Europe and they speak our dialect a lot of people think they are Spanish? LOL :)

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Well, yes, to me Spanish and Italian are very similar, but the people there didn't seem to appreciate it as much. :( But lots of times I could understand some of what they were saying just because I am fairly familiar with Spanish. Of course, there were a few around who speak English too, which was nice for us.

We ate the best pizza ever, as well as the many other Italian dishes they prepared.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! glad to hear you liked the Italian dishes :) I'm really proud to be Italian for the culture about food and the beauty of a lot of places we have.
If you see something I post you like and want the recipe just feel free to ask, I love to give recipes to everybody :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts