Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Awesome idea HomeBrew. I have the same spider but it's been torn up by the neighborhood cat. You just inspired me for a great way to reuse.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not saying you should modify in any way your spider . Just don't want anyone getting upset if something goes wrong. I was messing around with it tonight adding clothing. Just lightweight stuff and it ran good for awhile but then the locking mechanism started giving out. It goes through the pop up and the pull down motion but when it it gets the part where it stops and locks into place it pops back up again. Kinda ticking me off a little. Maybe i'll be able to fix it. Just a warning.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
That's a lot of weight you have on it, which is probably what led to the problem. We did something similar last year with just a mask and didn't have anything go wrong, knock on wood.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I'm not saying you should modify in any way your spider . Just don't want anyone getting upset if something goes wrong. I was messing around with it tonight adding clothing. Just lightweight stuff and it ran good for awhile but then the locking mechanism started giving out. It goes through the pop up and the pull down motion but when it it gets the part where it stops and locks into place it pops back up again. Kinda ticking me off a little. Maybe i'll be able to fix it. Just a warning.
If you are using batteries, could be that they're getting weak. Another thing to try is possibly reducing the spring tension somehow. The springs are designed for horizontal operation, you have it vertical. Nice job though, hope you get working.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
how heavy is that skull you are using?
I always thought the spider had a good motion but never liked the furry spider.
this is much better!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a Styrofoam skull and very light. The problem I ran into is when I was adding clothing and somehow, wether it was weight or something else, whatever latches it shut wore out. I've given up trying to fix it and gone with a simple corpse in a coffin with a moving head.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts