Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I feel I should explain my name because it'll explain a lot about me.

the first part is Samhain which is actually pronounced "sow'en" and is the Pagan sabbat also known as Halloween. I do accept the pronunciation of "Sam-hain" or "Sammy" because most of my friends call me that. Samhain has been my nick name amongst the juggalo community for a long long time now. Yes I'm a Juggalo.

The second part is Voodoo because I study voodoo and other religions. I can't practice voodoo because I haven't been through the ritual necessary. Also I've always had a fascination for Voodoo.

So that's about it. I'm 22 female orange n black hair black nails Pagan bisexual Juggalo. Of course Halloween is a huge part of my life which is why I'm excited to find this forum.

I hope to make many friends :)

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Hi Sammy,

I used to have an apartment that was next to another apartment complex that had many Haitians. They practiced Voodoo all the time. I knew they were because you could hear the wailing, screaming and drums. Pretty disturbing when you first heard it but I got used to it. Fabulous people and oh! their cooking! It always smelled so good! Also during the day they played Dominoes and you always heard the SMACK! when they were laying down their tiles. LOL! A noisy bunch to-be-sure ;) but all wonderfuly nice people.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Hello Sammy.
You are indeed, most welcome.
Enjoy the forum, I am looking forward to seeing some of your posts.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Please do excuse my ignorance..But what is a "Juggalo"? :confused:
I'm not familiar with the term relating to any aspect of Voodou or any related religions.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol It's okay. Juggalo isn't a Voodoo term, it's telling you my taste in music. I listen to Psychopathic Records ie Insane Clown Posse Twiztid Anybody Killa Axe Murder Boys Blaze ya dead Homie House of Krazees etc etc. A Juggalo is someone who's down with the music and understands what the artists are trying to say. A lot of other juggalos have ruined the culture, making me and other real juggalos look like gangster low-life degenerates, but I've been following for near all my life and feel that I can represent the family in a more respectful way.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
lol It's okay. Juggalo isn't a Voodoo term, it's telling you my taste in music. I listen to Psychopathic Records ie Insane Clown Posse Twiztid Anybody Killa Axe Murder Boys Blaze ya dead Homie House of Krazees etc etc. A Juggalo is someone who's down with the music and understands what the artists are trying to say. A lot of other juggalos have ruined the culture, making me and other real juggalos look like gangster low-life degenerates, but I've been following for near all my life and feel that I can represent the family in a more respectful way.
Hmmm...That'll explain why I didn't know what a Juggalo is.
I used to be "with it"...Then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm "with" isn't "it" any more...:(

Nowadays, I'm more inclined towards a little sombre chamber music, although the sound of a Tamboula drum at midnight can often get me shaking whats left of my groove thang.:)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm...That'll explain why I didn't know what a Juggalo is.
I used to be "with it"...Then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm "with" isn't "it" any more...:(

Nowadays, I'm more inclined towards a little sombre chamber music, although the sound of a Tamboula drum at midnight can often get me shaking whats left of my groove thang.:)

Yeah I can understand. A Lot of people feel that it's changed and really it has. But they're still part of my family, and I love them with all my heart.

I'm a very musical soul, I love music in all forms and it makes me feel alive. Lately I've been living like a gypsy, following some of my musician friends around while they tour.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
it's okay sami, i thought voodoo as well and looked it up, isn't google great. then i thought wristslitter and rookie are slipping, this kind of music should be right up their alley.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
lol yeah I got a kick out of wristslitter telling me to grab a faygo.

Faygo ftw
I haven't the faintest clue what a Faygo is either...

I wouldn't know what to do with one even if I did manage to grab it..

Oh man..I'm getting old :( *sobs into mug of cocoa*

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't the faintest clue what a Faygo is either...

I wouldn't know what to do with one even if I did manage to grab it..

Oh man..I'm getting old :( *sobs into mug of cocoa*
lol Faygo is a soft drink made in Detroit Michigan. It's one of the cheapest sodas around which is why it's a staple of Juggalo culture. Insane Clown Posse when they were growing up had no money what so ever, so their drink of choice was the cheapest, Faygo. It became so popular amongst Juggalos for this that ICP throws 2 liters of Faygo at their concerts. Juggalos also give each other Faygo showers at shows by just pouring it over one another. It's pretty fun and tasty too.

I <3 Blue raspberry *drool* omg soooo good....

and thank you Halloween Goblin for the welcomes :) :)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Juggalos also give each other Faygo showers at shows by just pouring it over one another. It's pretty fun and tasty too.
Hey, that sounds like fun...
I'm considering hurling a lukewarm cup of Earl Gray over Mrs Miggins, the cellist, at our next chamber music recital, just to see what ensues.
;):D

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
so i looked up faygo and wristslitter did know what juggalo was. my hats off to you wristslitter. sami, i'd say move over on that old peoples couch but, i had to look up earl gray. geesh, do i feel ancient now. but at least i knew what snapple was.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts