Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I thought I'd share my own Halloween grave yard with the rest of the freaks here like me.

I'm working on an arch way near the front of the Grave Yard. I went to Big Lots and found two very heavy Gargoyles about a foot tall. I'm going to drill a half inch hole through the top to the bottom of each one. This is so I can put a 18 inch rebar in the ground and a 5 foot piece of PVC through the top to fit it to the ground. The Gargoyle is heavy enough to provide stability to the arch. The top of the arch is made from foam weather protectant which is black and very cheap. It can be molded in an arch and the letter cut out of styrofoam for the words GRAVE YARD.

It's all painted gray with black, white and red speckles to give it some character. I also found a foam lock to put on the front when I complete the project with a gate from the party favor store.

As you can tell from some of the grave stones I use a lot of PVC behind them and paint them black. When it's dark and lit up you can't see the black PVC. I've also got a strobe light with a blue gel in front, I'm trying to set up a spot light with an orange gel at the top of one of the forks in the tree.

I would consider making the gate and probably will. Depends on how much time I have. Gotta teach a four hour course at 7:30am tomorrow.

I've been working on this for about 12 years now. I started 12 years ago. About 5 years or so ago I didn't set it up. Then last year my kids asked me to set it up again. I hope to continue it growing for some time to come.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the Great Response.

Here's a few of the pix since last night.

This will always be a work in progress. I don't want to make it macab and gorey but spooky for kids.

This is from this morning after the GRAVE YARD top fell off because I didn't glue the pipe insulation at the right angle to the pvc posts. There's also a spider at the top and one dangling from the sign. I really don't like to use to much of the web stuff as it really gets messy.

Now I want to show a bit of a close up of the gargoyles at the bottom of the GRAVE YARD post. To show that the pvc is actually going all the way through to protect it from the rebar. And to act as a stablizer because there is another piece of thin pvc over the 1/2 inch. Works nicely and add some strength. The rebar is about 24" long and tapped into the ground about 8 inches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts