Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My house so far. I have window cat eyes in the upper 2 windows (wife wanted them, I wanted the mummy) and a FCG in the single window to the right.

I just did the boarded up windows this year with some scrap cedar I had laying around.

Made my coffin a bit animated with this bush thing I got from Menards, Target sells the same thing in a house labeled box, around 10$ I took the LED's and put them in the skull, and duck taped the main part to the base of the bucky chest to make it move. It is sound activated and runs on 4 AA's

Got a couple blue floods for the windows, and one on the coffin. Coffin has a green flood inside that stays on as well.

I'll take a night shot tonight as it should be fairly clear out.

Thinking of a home made creature crate for the yard, but not sure yet.

I need to fix the skeleton head with some wire, it flops around a bit too much! LOL

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Great use of the bush shaker! I never would have thought of that!
Coffin and skeleton both look great!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I need something for my front door.....was thinking yellow caution tape like I have used in the past.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
That is really ingenious with the motion hedge and blucky! Way to go. How did you get the boards to stick to the windows? I know most people use velcro for the styrafoam but, is it strong enough for lumber? I have plenty of left over lumber I could use but, no money for foam. :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is really ingenious with the motion hedge and blucky! Way to go. How did you get the boards to stick to the windows? I know most people use velcro for the styrafoam but, is it strong enough for lumber? I have plenty of left over lumber I could use but, no money for foam. :(
They just hang in place. I can take them down in 10 seconds. I figure I might make a couple frames for x-mas with lights pre-hung.

The wood is left over cedar strips, very light weight. There are 2 1x1 strips that the strips are nailed to with a brad nail gun.

I put a couple small hooks above each window, and the boarded up windows have eye hooks in them. I was slightly off in the measurements, so just use white zip ties to connect the frames of the wood to the house.

I took the screens off, just in case.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow that looks fantastic! The hedge shaker/skeleton is a great idea! Hope my Target store carries that.
Thanks.....I just had to trim down the plastic that the LED's were attached to, and hot glued the plastic to the inside of the head, after I cut out 2 small holes, it lines up pretty good too......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts