Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have most of my decorations up and will be working on the graveyard this weekend. this is my second year and I think it's a vast improvement from last year. I've gotten lots of comments from my neighbors and I see lots of smiles as people walk by and check it out. Let me know what you think!

Thanks to everyone who has inspired me over the past year to create handmade props. Spooky Blue was the inspiration for the paper mache pumpkins, and Jimmyzdc was the inspiration for the PVC Candles.

Here's the link to the Album...

Halloween Forum - blackcatlane's Album: 2009 - Halloween Decorations

Here are a few shots...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I love it! My husband and I were busy yesterday cranking out window boards too! Can't wait to put them up. Did you use Velcro dots as others have mentioned, or did you do something else? Love your overall creepy, classy look!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love it! My husband and I were busy yesterday cranking out window boards too! Can't wait to put them up. Did you use Velcro dots as others have mentioned, or did you do something else? Love your overall creepy, classy look!
I used the 3M picture hangers that are similar to Velcro. Best part is they are easy to use and have that pull tab that will remove them easily and with no damage.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
WOW!!! Amazing work!! Man, I have the candles almost done - I love the look they create - you did a fabulous job with them!! I just wish I'd made some of the paper mache pumpkins like yours too!!

You should be very proud!! :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW!!! Amazing work!! Man, I have the candles almost done - I love the look they create - you did a fabulous job with them!! I just wish I'd made some of the paper mache pumpkins like yours too!!

You should be very proud!! :D
Thanks so much! I love the candles too; they really were fun to make and what an impact to the overall look!! I made approximately 49 candles from three 9' pipes and have placed them all over the house and porch.

The paper mache pumpkins took a bit of time, but now that they're out I love them even more! Worth all the time it took to make them!! I can't wait to do more next year.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Your home looks fantastic!!!!! Great job!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks Amazing!

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
Looks great! I agree the candles were fun to make. Have to search for that paper mache pumpkin to....he turned out really good! Nice work on everything!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks great! I agree the candles were fun to make. Have to search for that paper mache pumpkin to....he turned out really good! Nice work on everything!
Thanks Black Fog. The pumpkin how-to was found on Spookyblue.com. Just look for "The Moth Brothers" . I made mine with balloons as the base, but otherwise followed the how-to step by step. Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Fabulous! The candles look wonderful and I love the pumpkins--the faces are just great!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wonderful job! I definitely have to do the boarded up windows. I didn't do that big of a display this year...yet. But it's still early and you have definitely inspired me to do more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts