Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm done with the finishing touches on my house for 2021.

I have my jackolantern scarecrow from last year, and this year I built Fred the Werewolf.

I added some LED flood lights to each prop, and then I put some red gel covers over my porch lighting for effect.

I'm still deciding on whether I'm going to use white light or red light on the scarecrow. I like the look of the white, but don't like that it washes out the red light of the porch. I may do white, but a weaker strength to avoid washing out the red light on the porch.

Can't wait for Halloween!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
Looks awesome! Really love the scarecrow & werewolf! And the lighting is fantastic! Happy Halloween

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would move the white light right next to the front of the scarecrow's feet and point the light upwards so it only lights the scarecrow. Then it wont blast out the red in the background and it will make the scarecrow brighter.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I agree with the comment above about moving the light basically at the bottom of the scarecrow and pointing it up. If that doesnt work, perhaps keep the light where it is and angle it up more to where it gets some of the scarecrow but not all of it. The rest of the shining light just shoots in outer space ;)

Maybe also you could add some brush in front of the light to help block out some of the brightness being projected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts