Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pictures aren't so great in the graveyard as my camera for night pictures setting does 4 flashes in a row. I also didn't use any kind of tripod as you can tell I will try to take more later with the camera on a still surface.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am almost set. the ghosts weren't quite finished, but someone in the neigborhood came in and broke two of the ghosts (they are on woooden dowels) and broke one of my spotlights (snapped it off where it anchors to the ground spike, and tried to yank Frankenstein from the tree. I dunno for sure who, but I have my guesses ::cough annoying neighbor kid:: cough. I think I'm pretty lucky that so little was done. I heard a noise outside last night and got up and went to see what it was. I heard sounds but didn't see anyone and thought it might have been a dog, only to wake up the next morning and see those items messed up though it could have been much worse.

I just don't understand why people do that stuff. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Oh it looks so good!! I like the black cat too!!! Do you leave your tree up all year? Just wondering, my mom did that once (when I was ALOT younger) and decorated it for every holiday.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am almost set. the ghosts weren't quite finished, but someone in the neigborhood came in and broke two of the ghosts (they are on woooden dowels) and broke one of my spotlights (snapped it off where it anchors to the ground spike, and tried to yank Frankenstein from the tree. I dunno for sure who, but I have my guesses ::cough annoying neighbor kid:: cough. I think I'm pretty lucky that so little was done. I heard a noise outside last night and got up and went to see what it was. I heard sounds but didn't see anyone and thought it might have been a dog, only to wake up the next morning and see those items messed up though it could have been much worse.

I just don't understand why people do that stuff. :(
That Sucks. Like you said, it could have been worse.
But what is up looks cool. Love the Hallow-tree!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
So many things to comment on: I love the lights in the yard!! And the wheelbarrow...and the dracula nutcracker, how cute....and the black kitty....and the Halloween bows...but I think my favorite is the Halloween tree!!! I'm gonna have to get me one of those!! Your yard and house look fantastic, Gothikren!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks so much for the compliments. It is a nutcracker on my entertainment center a few of years ago Target was selling various halloween themed nutcrackers with the year wrote on the base of them. I fell in love with the dracula one, but they were out when I went to get it. I was lucky enough to find that one at Good Will. :)

The tree goes up for Halloween and usually I take off the ornaments in November and start decorating for Christmas (but just leave the tree up till then) on the day after Thanksgiving. Last year we used a live tree and the other got just shoved in my basement, and ruined so I had to get a new one. For those that are wondering that is the 7.5 ft tree that Wal-mart carries and it is huge especially for the price. The 6 foot one is what we started out with, but it was really small honestly, and when I assembled it, it was missing pieces so back to Wally World we went to get a new one, but we had to wait till they got more out. I think I'll use that one as a second tree and have two Christmas trees this year a live one and a fake one. (Boy my husband's gonna scream :p )

Thnx for the comments on the wheelbarrel my daughter has been waiting to do that for a couple of years this year when I finally bought a wheel barrel for gardening (to grow pumpkins of course) I rationalized buying it so that I could use it for Halloween :p

·
Registered
180 Posts
Everything looks wonderful!
I actually think the graveyard pictures look great. The blurry lighting gives it a scary ambiance. :D
Is kitty eating candy corn? my cat will try any kind of candy we have lying around and the spit it back out with teeth marks on it :) All candy dishes have a lid now.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Everything looks wonderful!
I actually think the graveyard pictures look great. The blurry lighting gives it a scary ambiance. :D
Is kitty eating candy corn? my cat will try any kind of candy we have lying around and the spit it back out with teeth marks on it :) All candy dishes have a lid now.
I was gonna ask the same thing bout the kitty lol

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Wow- everything looks great! I love the big bows. I MUST do a Halloween tree next year. Thanks for sharing the pics!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thnx again for the great comments.

The treetopper is a bat handpuppet which I happened to have sitting around and when I decided to do a Halloween tree and couldn't decide what to top it with I looked over and saw it and thought oo perfect :)

That kitty is actually eating cat food from the bat bowl that I keep on the passthru for the cats so the dogs won't eat all of their food. Believe it or not he's the only cat I've ever had that won't eat anything you leave sitting out. He won't even eat off a plate if you get up or it's sitting around. The same thing can not be said for the rest of my herd of animals (small children included:D )

Thnx for the compliment on the cabinet........I love it also it is built in and was here when we moved in and was one of the reason's I chose the house sad but true I was thinking ooooooo the great Halloween things I can sit out in that cabinet and the passthru :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts