Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was inspired by the thread showing Grandin roads Headless horseman. Actually the guy who made his own.
So I decided to make one. Its not as detailed as his. He did the distressed look. I opted for Newer look and a no neck stump look.

so here are a few pics.
I still need to do some touch up work/paint add a belt and such.
thanks to the tutorial section I made the rusted sword.

View Album

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Man, He looks Great! What did you use for the armor chestplate?

I like the red trim around the neck. It's a suttle nod to blood. And the use of the cape is good too! Any chance on a howto?:)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to use a doublet I got on e bay for the chest piece. I added a pic of it in the the album above. I didnt think I was going to do a Tim Burton horseman.

But then I got an Idea. I would cropp the pic of the movie costume and print it on dark t shirt transffer papper. Iron it to an old balck shirt. then I saw some carpet lining material that was being torn up from my Mother getting new carpeting. So I spray glued the Balck shirt with iron on design to the carpet linning stuf and trimed it.

The red pipping idea came from the movie costume. I thought it would add a little depth. I had some old black and red electrical wire I separated and hot glued to the collar.
The shirt is really a dickie. I cut up and old chefs coat (collar style seemd to be a pretty close match) Then painted it with thinned down elmers glue a few times to make the collar stiff enought not to fall. Then painted it.
This maiquin has posable arms. I may play around with diffenert poses.

I have a sound file of a horse that I want to be activated when people come around. I got the halloween howler for this purpose. But It is really crappy and I am running out of funds for this year.

·
Registered
407 Posts
hey hey! great job, looks really good.
HH has always been my favorite halloween char, and yours is really cool
With the right lighting, it'll be great!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Fantastic work! Love how you dressed it! Very classy!

MsM

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Wow I haven't even started on mine because I was so hung up on the 600 one and not being able to match the clothes but yours looks awesome as well!!!!
I have been meaning to ask the group about sound...I had planned on using one of those kids horseheads on a stick you see at Dollar General stores for $5. You press on the horses ear and it makes a whinney and galloping sound. Can those be converted into motion detectors?????????

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone.
The boots were shoe boots. $5 at the thrift store. I added black vinyl material for the tops folded over at the top. its just saftey pined in place. I still need to trim and hot glue it.

the pumpkin I got from micheals years ago. This project gave me a reason to carve it. Not as nice as the funkins. but I reallt needed to keep costs down.

the cape is just 2yards of panne material in black and red sewn together and draped over his shoulders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts