Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about what you consider the most rewarding reaction to your haunt.

My nominees all involve grade-schoolers:
>A neighbor uses their daily visits a leverage to get his boys to eat their veggies.
>A school teacher using update pictures of my display as leverage to get her class to behave!
>School buses detouring down my street with the kids screaming as they pass.

And the winner is . .

I can't Imagine higher praise!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Attic Hatch, I'm so glad you recorded that. I love how the busses are lining up to see your place.

I shop at a thrift shop that puts a bunch of related things in bags and sells them that way. So if I want a severed hand or an ax I have to take the smiling pumpkin flag and cute wind sock with it. I usually just throw those in a box and eventually take them back to the thrift store. I don't put my props out to early in case they should become damaged or stolen. I noticed some of the neighbors had put things out, and my yard looked bare, I went into the garage and took out the cutesy box and threw them up haphazard around the yard. I was sitting on the porch, looking over my yard, disgusted, thinking how it looked like someone had puked cute all over it. Just then a preschool van pulled up and the kids were oohing and aahing over the decorations. The bus driver opened the window and yelled thanks, and then all the kids yelled thanks, and waved as they drove off. Damn it. I could probably find another box of fru fru decorations if I looked hard enough. Damn kids tugging at your heart strings. You'd think this holiday was about them.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
There are so many "Oscar Moments" here for me that I really have difficulty trying to even just pick a few.
I guess those certain moments are actually what I work for here. I love the surprises I give to some people who are drug along to see my house, then have a very fun and surprisingly unusual time here (The kind that are very difficult to ever forget? )
The first week of last November haunted house owners were coming to see my house during the afternoons, and they were all pretty much very surprised and became very enthusiastic with their compliments concerning everything about the place, (and my tour of it all)
But then, who besides a haunt fan or haunt owner would see and then realize the amount of labor and creativity they are seeing and enjoying from my efforts?
Haunt Owners sometimes bring their haunt workers here. Sometimes the workers are very critical and even sneer about what they see here, whereas the haunt owners become impressed by those same experiences and efforts (Because they know what this all takes? )
It is much fun to actually scare a haunted house owner or their employee! Especially when the item that accomplishes that is So simple! (As to be embarrassing!)
Last night a young woman who had been here once before let out a horrific scream!
(Very Enjoyable! she laughed soon afterwards!)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
OK, I guess that I finally sorted it out as far as my "Oscar Moment" here (My favorite moment) will be when we are a little less than half-way through the tour and house and they begin to thank me, they may have already been in the house for 45 minutes or more, they assume the tour finale is next, then I get to tell them, "Thank you", but you have only seen a little less than half of the house !" (And some of the most impressive things still await them, of course!)

Then as Summer arrives the vines around this house turn leafy and lush, hiding much of the house, and people will "Pre-Complain" $15.oo to go through this little house?"
Sometimes 90 minutes later and after 5,000 sq ft.of house floor space following a path covering 3/4 of a mile, they are done.(Usually medium well, never raw!)
Still retaining their natural juices!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would really love to make it out to you attraction.
Is there any good video or pictures for those of us who can't make it there?As much as I've explored your site and did searches, I find very little,, those few images give like almost no indicator of what you seem to have to offer.

OK, I guess that I finally sorted it out as far as my "Oscar Moment" here (My favorite moment) will be when we are a little less than half-way through the tour and house and they begin to thank me, they may have already been in the house for 45 minutes or more, they assume the tour finale is next, then I get to tell them, "Thank you", but you have only seen a little less than half of the house !" (And some of the most impressive things still await them, of course!)

Then as Summer arrives the vines around this house turn leafy and lush, hiding much of the house, and people will "Pre-Complain" $15.oo to go through this little house?"
Sometimes 90 minutes later and after 5,000 sq ft.of house floor space following a path covering 3/4 of a mile, they are done.(Usually medium well, never raw!)
Still retaining their natural juices!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts