Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!
This is the first time I did a haunting yard for the Halloween days. Have a lot of work...but is really fun to do. In this time I made all the props for decorate, skulls (one real cow skull), tombstones, the scarecrow , all the wood details and the coffin used like a photocall- Handmade in natural wood. This year for first time, I use a fog machine and different light for the effects, simple things but with the idea to create a nice experience for my family and friend.

I hope you like it!
Thanks for looking.
PD: I will share more pics very soon! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I love the old coffins of the western movies...is what i tried to done.
I will use again the coffin in the next year to do a new decoration.

·
Registered
412 Posts
A perfect 'scene' with matching details all spot on - thank you for sharing! I love the rustic, western feel of it, as was your goal. Great display and the fog and lights just right, too.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Aaawww, the old "scorched pine" look on the casket. Haven't seen that in YEARS, and it is a great look for that prop! Plus, it's something your kid can do. We're gonna remember that next season, my 11 year old daughter, very artistic, will love running a propane torch over the coffin. Thanks for the inspiration!
your haunt looks really good, nice job!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Great work Elmen , looks excellent , nothing like a toe pincher to really give it the graveyard feel , i got to ask you how did you get the grain to pop , did you use heat like with a heat gun or stain ? lighting looks bloody marvelous to and a very very effective job with the fake spider webs , i can never get mine that good , lol , EXCELLENT JOB .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great work Elmen , looks excellent , nothing like a toe pincher to really give it the graveyard feel , i got to ask you how did you get the grain to pop , did you use heat like with a heat gun or stain ? lighting looks bloody marvelous to and a very very effective job with the fake spider webs , i can never get mine that good , lol , EXCELLENT JOB .

Thanks!!
I use a heat gun like a blowtorch-
For the fake spider webs only you need go slow, thinking about the form and the natural expansion that can have in reality.
:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts