Halloween Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
This tree is freakin rad, you did an amazing job! The pics and step by step are fantastic, definitely makes me feel like I could tackle a project like this. Would love to do a group of them!

I love creepy old trees, I have a huge back piece tattoo started of my own creepy tree of life. The roots are the biggest pain in the...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Mizerella, I have found my first project for the season (little late starting) but anyway. It looks like you might have wrapped the tubes with newspaper is that correct?. I have never used celluclay before but I'm learning quick. Did you apply the celluclay directly around the face, cause if not looks like I need to start over. I just started tonight with the face portion, and it is drying as I type. Was curious about the newspaper

Thanks,
P.S. Cool project I plan on using in the front yard this year

·
Registered
123 Posts
HalloweenDan73, The technical name is a Sonatube, they are used for concrete piers. You can get them at home Depot or Loews
Below is a link to Home Depot and what they look like ( Or I should say this is what I used)

http://goo.gl/bKAFzr

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to put this out there: I am mid tree! Started this for a haunted forest/dark faery tales thing we're doing at work and this tutorial has helped immensely! All that's left is to get the top branches added and papers, celluclay the whole thing then paint. To anyone else that has done this over the years, I am taking tips and tricks in hopes I can make at least one more before the day is finally here. I'll share a pic when it's all finished :)

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Always cool to see people dive into this build! It's not a small project at all but all the results I've seen are amazing!

Definitely check out Mizerella's blogspot and Facebook page (see her first post) - she's done a bunch of impressive projects.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great thread.... I have been wanting to make a tree for a skeleton boy that 'swings' on a swing and this is perfect for a starting point!! :)

81 - 91 of 91 Posts