Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I didn't really know where to post this. But I am having a Halloween party this year because my basement is finally finished. My wife and I have been involved with haunted attractions for over 23 years. So when deciding to build my basement we went themed. The bar is a pirates theme and the theater is haunted mansion themed both are not done yet but at least they are functional.
Still need décor which we have, just need to get to it. Also need theater seating...and a component shelf. Here are a few teaser pics. Should mention we did everything ourselves except theater carpeting.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Prop displays in the theater...more to come.
Also counter separating the two rooms...so you can sit at the counter on the pirate bar side and watch t.v.

I plan on a row of 3 reclining theater seats in the mansion, and for the back row a coffin shaped tall table with bar stools.

mike

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
if you need good quality haunted mansion posters from the elevator... the old original ones.. message me your email.
i

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I picked up these two Griffins they had at Target. I plan on building an entertainment console for the components. My plan is to put the griffins on the sides.
I was thinking that I would make a casket (maybe haunted mansion style, just smaller) for the ps3, cable box ect.
But finding it to be a challenge to come up with a design...I want a casket with handles but the remotes wouldn't work because the boxes would be inside.
My wife wants two small open faced toe pincher coffins on their sides mounted together at the bottoms so it looks bow tie shaped...
I don't like her idea because you will see all the components and she doesn't like mine because as of now they would be inaccessible. So I need to figure this out without having to buy smoked or tinted coffin shaped glass.
Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Howlingwind, not sure if this will help you but let me share how I rigged up my components. I live in a 1960 rancher where the den and kitchen are one room divided by the cabinet with the stove top. The fireplace in the den is on an angle in the room with no mantle. I desperately wanted to hang the flatscreen over the fireplace but didn't want 1) to drill into the brick of the fireplace and 2) have my components showing. The solution was that I created a brace that goes up into the ceiling and is anchored into the joist in the attic to hold the tv up above the fireplace (suspended). To solve for the components, I placed them on a wire rack in the laundry room which is right behind the den wall and ran all the wiring up into the attic and back down to the tv. All of the cords that have to connect the components to the tv are encased in a thin, black duct-like cover. I have an infared repeater that is placed on the tv which repeats the signals to change the channel, change the inputs, etc. and now no one knows there is a cable box, mac computer, or stereo components connected to my tv because you can't see them. Hopefully that will give you an idea of how to take your situation as I love the idea of hiding them in the coffin. Good luck !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WELL...it's been a few years but I found this old thread of mine and decided to update the photos...

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Your basement is awesome. I especially love the dragon door lever--where do you find something like that? I tried searching online, but can't find anything along those lines. Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts