Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was scrolling through On Demand and found this show called My Haunted House. I had never heard of it, it airs on LMN. It's one of those shows where people tell their ghost stories and actors do re-enactments of it. I watch a lot of those types of shows, and I like them...but this one is probably the best I've seen! It is done really quite well, at least the episodes I've watched so far, and it actually makes me jump quite often! Lol, they are rather creepy, especially the ones with children! For a ghost story tv show, it's pretty good...if you haven't seen it, and you like ghost stories, you should check it out. Watch a few of them, because while they are all good, some are better than others. I wish I had known about this show last season...

Has anyone else ever watched this show??

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I've seen it listed but have never stopped to watch it. Maybe I'll check it out.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really enjoyed the ghosts/dead people on the shows...the effects and make-up were surprisingly good for a small, somewhat unknown tv series. If they left out the "eye witnesses" (probably also paid actors, lol, as everything "reality" is scripted anymore) who were telling the stories, and just had the re-enactments, it'd would be like watching two mini horror movies per episode. It's worth a watch, I'd say, if you like ghost stories.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've watched A Haunting and Paranormal Witness...it's the same type of show, but not as cheesily done, if that's what you mean, lol. Most of the episodes are better than those shows, I think. I'm not saying this show is like a high budget blockbuster horror film, it's just one of the better tv ghost story shows. If you hate those types of shows, you might not like this show, but who knows...you won't know until you check it out. I just know I like it. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is what I meant. I love those shows for how cheesy and obviously not true they are, will have to check this one out. I'd love something like them but done better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I enjoy this show quite a lot. It's well done, decent FX, and best of all, it can sometimes be actually scary.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen many episodes now and I'm sad to say I think it's all fake- not real stories. I can't corroborate any tv stories with information found online. The stories are more like campfire ghost stories, and many endings are far too tidy. I love the format and it's well made, but I don't think it's based on true events.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Finally caught a a few episodes yesterday. It was good. I love these shows.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The last one I watched, "The Pest House" and "Sleepwalkers" was good, but not as good as the others before it this season...all of the previous episodes made me jump more, lol. I still have to catch this weeks episode...I'll probably watch it tomorrow. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts