Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It rained all night long but I still got about 130 ToTs. I'm so grateful for the amazing work on this site and the gracious folks who post pictures, tutorials, advice and positive feedback. Much love!

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, everyone! I'm running out of storage room in my basement and garage, so any suggestions on how I can step it up - in a small way - would be greatly appreciated. I've never done much with the inside of the mausoleum and will be rebuilding the front wall next year. Thoughts on what I could do in there?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looked at your previous build post and the mausoleum looks awesome!

We were talking about either adding one or columns next year and will certainly use your post for ideas and inspiration.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looked at your previous build post and the mausoleum looks awesome!

We were talking about either adding one or columns next year and will certainly use your post for ideas and inspiration.
Well I've learned a few things using them for the past few years, so feel free to message me any questions. Perhaps I will post a lessons-learned update in the build thread :)

Also...here is somewhat of a tutorial. My boyfriend documented parts of the build and put it in a book for me. Just click on the picture and it will link you to the book slideshow. I did make different peaks last year so the mausoleum is a bit different now.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That looks awesome! Love the mausoleum.

Did you put a front on an existing shed or is that one big built prop?
Thanks! The mausoleum is 3 walls and 2 peaks. I hang a moving blanket on the back. The walls are 2 x 3 wood frames with insulation foam board. The roof is actually just painted foam board that are held down with screws and washers.
That was one of the best changes I made in working with foam board. It will be more secure with glidden gripper and washers. The washers will crush into the board some but that is easily covered with wood putty.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Really like those columns, great job!
Thank you. That was a build 2 years ago with my dad. They are each 2 sections with the removable top. The backs of the 4 sections are removable also so I can use the inside for storage. I wanted to age them a bit more this year but ran out of time (and energy thanks to a terrible cold).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts