Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I recently finished a little adventure in sculpturally restoring a sad looking casting I believe to be descended from the original Haunted Mansion molds.

If you're interested in an in-depth look at how and why I brought it from here to there, head on over to my blog (it's a three-parter, and a bit long to repost the whole thing).

http://chickenhaunt.blogspot.com/2015/08/my-hatbox-ghost-part-1-sculpting.html

Started with this clay pour:

And brought back all the detail seen in the original photos:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh my god I am so impressed AND jealous. Maybe you could make yourself an Ezra hitchhiking ghost, too... they were made from the same mold!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Your hunch must have been right. That is the most spot on Hatbox Ghost/Ezra head I've seen. Wonderful Job!

·
Disney Inspired
840 Posts
Looks great Jasper! As always first class!

I'm curious; Do you or anyone else know the story behind this version?

3_zpsejotv0ss.jpg

I prefer it over the black and white version. The eyes are much more realistic and there is great shadowing around the eyes.

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks folks!

SavageEye, that's the prototype version seen in the promotional photos with Yale Gracey. I'd like to take a crack at that version sometime, too. Not sure why they changed it before it went in the ride, but my guess is that they hoped the bolder strokes paint job would work better with the effect (which is thought to be blacklight)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Excellent work so much character. Im curious in regards to you forum name, is there something interesting behind it?

"How about heading out to Highway 6 for a Checkpoint Chickie"

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
Awesome work MC - as usual!!

I also read the 3 Hatbox Ghost blogs and I have to say WOW!!! The history and your process was so interesting; really well done!

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Excellent work so much character. Im curious in regards to you forum name, is there something interesting behind it?

"How about heading out to Highway 6 for a Checkpoint Chickie"
The clue's in the avatar ;)

Awesome work MC - as usual!!

I also read the 3 Hatbox Ghost blogs and I have to say WOW!!! The history and your process was so interesting; really well done!
Glad it was worth the read!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts