Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some Vandal broke out all my huge windows with a hammer this morning. The windows will have to be boarded up now. Soooo heart broken.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,468 Posts
Please consider reporting the vandalism to the police. You don't have to call emergency number (look up non-emergency for your county sheriff or precinct). And post about the vandalism on your community page - Facebook, Nextdoor or similar.

Even if they don't take a report, your neighbors and the local law enforcement can help keep an eye out for this type of thing. But the breaking of actual windows is something you definitely should report so the cops know to be aware that stuff is happening and will be in the area more.

I am so sorry this happened. I do hope it was a one time thing, and the vandals don't come back, but let your immediate neighbors know and they can help keep an eye out too for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to hear this but you couldn't you make Lemonade out of lemons? You could add extra planks or bars across the plywood and play up the idea that it's an abandoned house or that something is sealed inside, not to mention other cool decorating ideas you can do.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,081 Posts
I agree on the reporting it to the cops thing. I hope your insurance can cover it & hopefully get them fixed before the holiday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That makes me feel better. Outr town is already so delapidated that it already looks that scarey here. But I will see what else I can think of. I had my heart set on using the skelly horse and dragons. Worse things happen for sure. Our insurance won't cover it.

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
I love your building's windows (very cool building), looks like you've decorated them in past years too. Enjoyed the pics. Kind of like Macy's or Marshall Field's Christmas windows but Halloween decorated instead. I hate hearing about things like this. And for what? Very sorry you were a victim of this senseless vandalism and I'm sure those windows won't be cheap to replace either, picture windows seldom are. Any of the businesses across the street have surveillance cams? If so the police could check them.

I agree about reporting the vandalism. I'm surprised insurance wouldn't cover this. I do like the idea of using boarded up windows and decorating those. I'm so sorry.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I will talk to some town people about painting the boards white and having kids and adults paint halloween images. We do have some video but was dark when it happened. But maybe town gossip help us.

·
Registered
921 Posts
That is terrible! Hopefully you will think of something before Halloween. It is so heartbreaking, I can’t even imagine how you must feel. I hope you did report and that the vandals are caught. Best of luck. Sometimes the worst things turn out okay in the end. Hang in there!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Two hopes for you Bipoltergeist: 1) they find the cretins who did it. and 2) that your neighbors are supportive and helpful and that their actions will create good feelings that will replace the yucky angry ones the vandalism must have caused.

We've never had vandalism on this level but a few years ago someone stole a lot of our display. I put up a sign in each empty spot that said "STOLEN :-(" and the outpouring of sympathy, support, and anger on our behalf that we got from our neighbors made me feel a ton better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts