Halloween Forum banner

My Halloween is Shot to Hell

992 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Fraidy Cat 
#1 ·
All of the decorations are Not functioning - Nothing is working so I Cancelled the entire thing.
I am PISSED. :mad:

#3 ·
Well, maybe I can make you feel better. I can't believe it. I have spent at least two months getting my singing pumpkins ready. This was the highlight of my Halloween theme this year. I soldered the K74 board; more than once; used the wrong power supply and re-soldered the board thinking it was the board; stripped and wired lights multiple times over until my fingers were sore; and then most of this morning; I spent making a final sequence to Thriller and it was awesome! I had the Halloween theme, Thriller and spooky sounds all synced to my singing pumpkins. I had saved the program to loop for 3 hours and scheduled it to start at 6:30pm. Last thing was to move the whole setup outside. I was so excited! So at 5:30 I shut down the laptop and carried everything outside; rehooked everything backup; got my pumpkins all in place; lights in place; power all plugged in---turned on the laptop-----OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND!
Unbelievable! My hard drive crashed on my laptop. Threw it in the freezer for a half hour and still no go; the infamous click--click--click. Hard drive dead!

Well, I still had the rest of my haunt set up so it wasn't a total loss. But, I'm telling myself, this is a sign; time to quit doing this every year. Well, one of the last TOT's was about an 8 year old boy. He said, "Wow, you have a great graveyard" "Way to have the Halloween spirit" "It's really cool".

So next year, we'll have Singing Pumpkins!!

#4 ·
O.k., well - Hubby came home, got things going, saved the Evening, it was such a Success, that we will have a Crew of 10 Haunters for 2009! :D
We are now Neighborhood Legends and we have decided to extend it out to the Weekend for ToT'ing. :D
The Older Kids want a Big Kids Haunt, Something totally cool and Mind Blowing.
So, the Neighborhood is BEGGING for what we do and MORE of it. :D
We are said to be the BEST House in All of our Community. :D

#5 ·
Glad to hear everything worked out for you. We have the same distinction here. In fact one of the teens said that our house/display 'OWNZ!"

Then again when no one else (and I mean no one!) does anything, it's a dubious distinction. It's hard NOT to excel when the bar is set so low....

Did I say LOW?! it's so low, it's LYING ON THE GROUND, fer cryin' out loud...

LOL...

#9 ·
Being the only Halloween enthusiast in my family, friends and neighborhood...I am always going it alone...While everyone expects me to have a party and fun every year, it tends to be alot of work for one person...So the last couple of years I have been saying that I am not going to do anything this year...but I end up doing it again out of the sheer love of the holiday. Even though I don't have anything mechanical working outside, I have had many compliments by trick-or-treaters and their parents...One lady asked if she could come in and eat cuz she could smell the food cooking inside...Believe me, even if some of the masterpieces you been working on all year long malfuntions, people are going to enjoy even the simplest gestures of the spirit. To those of you who go all out...Hats off to you...your work is much appreciated and I wished that you lived in my neighborhood!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.