Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow HF-ers. I run the blog www.eatthedead.com and we've been nominated for an epically HUGE award...
Every year Saveur magazine holds an awards ceremony honoring the best blogs on the internet. They get over 30,000 entries and choose only 75 nominees for 12 major categories. Of those 30,000 and then 75 finalists, my blog is one!
In order to win the people's choice award, I need votes.
The ballot is here:
http://www.saveur.com/blog-awards-2017-vote

I'm the last category: The Food Obsessive Award: Best Special Interest Blog
Scroll almost all the way down the page and I'm there near the bottom under the title "The Necro Nom-nom-nomicon."

You can vote every day until the 6th of September...so please, vote often!

Thank you all so much!

p.s. if this post is in the wrong spot, let me know...I wasn't sure where to put it. :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Congrats! It is a really cool site... I can see why it was nominated ( also noticed you've been working on it since the last time I visited it) Im planning on making your vodoo bread for my HW party.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I will definitely be voting for you! It's an awesome site, and more importantly, the content is fantastic. I'm a web designer by day, and while the visuals of any website are important, the content is really the backbone.

I'm not sure if you saw my other post in the Halloween food thread, but I made the Truly Deviled Eggs the other day (I'm doing dry runs of all my potential menu items) and they came out great! I use different types of salts but black flake salt was one I've never tried before so I had to buy it specifically for this. It's quite interesting....will definitely have to find other things to put it on.

Next up is the Nevermore black chocolate cupcakes. I bought a raven skull mold on Amazon, but need to get the white chocolate for it.

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3734.jpg

IMG_3730.jpg

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy cow! Those look amazing maggiesvinyard! They turned out incredibly! I'm so sorry I didn't see the other post. For some reason I don't always get notifications, so thank you so much for telling me here! BRILLIANT!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you guys so much for the votes and all the kind words! I genuinely appreciate it! I have the banner for Halloween Forum proudly displayed on the first page of the blog and that's because this forum has been so amazing and such a source of insipration! And please, if you make anything from the blog (like the amazing Maggiesvinard did), let me know! I'll blast it out on my social media and the blog as well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts