Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm addicted to this site and I have so many projects that I would like to do, that I started printing them out so I wouldn't forget what thread I saw it on. I now call it my "Halloween Bible of How To's".

It is a 3" binder (and I going to be starting a new one soon) that is full of pages roughly 300.

I even put in a table of contents

I have everything from Terra's Beloved and flicker candles ,Hermans Sercet's Ground Breaker Coffin to a ripped apart torso.

I'm thinking of making it look more like a real book, but at the rate I'm going and all the awsome things you guys keep coming up with, I'll be at 1000 pages in no time.

Is any one else this addicted to making these props! Or am I crazy:p

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I've got a three inch binder that's full of ideas too. It's not organized though....although the fact that I have it all in one binder is a tiny miracle in itself

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I have copied several how to's also. I have about a 1000 pages bookmarked, need to go through them and print them off, in case the photos get removed.
I don't have that many bookmarked, but I find that I go back through them wondering why I bookmarked them. That's why I started printing them out..usually the link shows up on the printout in case I need to go back and look for something

·
Registered
444 Posts
I printed out nephilims crypt how-to and bound it...it make things really handy for reference as you are building

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Any chance you could post some of the links to the tutorials on your content page? A lot of those tutorials are hard to find once they've been buried by months of new content.

For instance, I've never seen the tutorial on a Styorfoam Mausoleum, but I'm hoping to build one this year and would like to read up on any tutorials.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I also have a folder with all my projects, all my hand written doodles of ideas and all my on line print outs. It also contains all my various convention contacts and dealer info. My folder has a hand drawn cover that my 11 year old son drew for me of all halloween stuff as he is the one that helps me out the most on my props and giving me ideas of stuff to build.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TK421
I got the tut for the styrofoam mausoleum from Home Haunt News
HomeHaunters News and Reviews October 2008 - Page 1.
It's only the front half of one,but I don't think it would be that hard to add 2 side walls and a back one if you wanted too. If theres another one your interested in let me know. I have:
Hearse - not to detailed,but there going to be building on on the props building group.
Stryo foam mausoleum, skeleton corpsing, the grumble, wood sign from foam, winged demon, zombie hands, ancient tombstones, beloved tombstone, flicker candles, reaper tombstone, boneyard bbq, fcg, peeping skull tombstone, rusty padlock, ground breaker coffin, reaper stone statue, toe pincher coffin, ripped apart torso, paper mache pumpkins, haunted busts, skulls in a can, weeping angel tombstone, Mr. Hemlock (ground keeper), grounds keeper with servo to move head, rising spirits, easy eyeballs.
Not all of them are from this forum so let me know if there's any others that you are interested in and I'll give you the links.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Fantastic!

Thanks for the styrofoam mausoleum -- it's very helpful. I've drawn up my own plans, but the treatment and weathering information is great!

I'd love to know more about the "Wood Sign From Foam". That is another prop I am taking on this year, but I'd like any info on painting, styling, and treatment -- so that tutorial would be really helpful.

Thanks again!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts