Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so...new years eve for me was bad. not only was my guitar broken, but other terrible things happened to. but back to the guitar thing...i woke up new years day in a drunken stupor to find out that my guitar had been broken by some drunk person unknown. i know it was an accident, but i sobbed and sobbed for about 2 hours and drank myself into oblivion when i was already still drunk from the night before. my heart is so broken. i can't describe what i feel. of all the stupid boys who have broken my heart, this is one of the worst pains i've ever felt in my life. when i first found out, i was in shock and tears streamed from my eyes. ultimately, it is partially my fault for leaving it propped up against a wall (that was void of people passing through i might add) i don't have the money to have it repaired right now. you all know the depression that i have suffered in 2008 and this guitar helped me to write so many songs and to get me through that, but now...i don't know where to turn. this guitar was an extension of my own body. i felt that this guitar was covered in my own skin. it is the first nice thing that i ever bought for myself and it meant so much to me.

sorry, i just had to vent to someone:(

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
As a fellow musician my heart goes out to you, Kallie. I don't know what I would do if I were to lose one of my instruments. I know exactly what you mean when you say that your guitar is an extension of yourself - sometimes I don't feel complete until I pick up an instrument and start to play. Perhaps if you make it known how you're feeling about this terrible loss the culprit will come forward to help with the repair costs.

B

·
0 Posts
Kallie, sorry to hear about the damage and bad start to the new year. Is it fixable though, I know nothing about gituars so it may be a stupid question, but can the head be glued back to the neck?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Oh Kallie thats awful, would it be covered on household insurance or as Otaku suggested spread the word and hopefully the guillty person will reimburse you.

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
honestly everyone was soooo completely trashed, they don't remember much of the evening. that's no excuse though, as i said, i shouldn't have left it sitting out. these were all my friends that i was with. believe me, they are so sad for me, but no one knows who it was...or they aren't saying.

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Sorry Bear , but no it cannot be simply glued back on. Sorry to hear about everything. I have always felt that guitars look good on display. Lets start a fund for a new repair job I have 5 bucks to start. Just give me an address. LOL NO I'm not kidding. I wish I had the gift to learn to play. Funny I have owned two electric guitars. And can't play a chord. LOL now thats sad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts