Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Thought I'd post what my house looked like on Halloween 2016...since it's definitely on my brain for 2017. The spiders have been a hit for several years and I've invested too much to not do them-- thinking of the big spider this year from Home Depot. Any other thoughts? We thought about doing some sort of archway at the end of the fence, but haven't figured out how to do that yet. We have a couple fog machines going on Halloween, we also put out a Headless Horseman and we have the Reaper. We were thinking maybe witches?! I don't know!

rsz_20161031_180235.jpg Daytime

Night

rsz_20161030_220641.jpg

rsz_20161031_184605.jpg

rsz_120161031_184553.jpg

rsz_20161031_184624.jpg

·
Registered
833 Posts
Oh wow!!! Love it!!! The lighting really makes it come alive. Definitely a huge spider with a victim in a spider web cocoon would go great!! One that squirms would look fantastic.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Really nice layout you have there. Not a fan of spiders myself (bit of an arachnaphobe) but I like what you've done with them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Loving the lighting, it really adds in the mystic spooky vibe! Maybe add in some more ripped cheese cloth to simulate spider webs. From my experience its a lot less of a hassle than trying to make the fake cob webs from the store work. Or even have a couple smaller spiders hanging off the tomb stones.

Reactions: Lukewa

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have a menards here, so bought quite a few flood lights when they were on sale to illuminate the tombstones. I haven't updated to the gemmy spotlights on them just because I got the floodlights for so cheap!! On the house we are using the vortex gemmy spotlights- 3 of them, in the purple/orange because I think it helps to offset the tombstones.
Wow the lighting really sets everything off. What are you using for the lighting?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can see why the spiders are a big hit! Are you using any lighting from inside your house? Third photo- the spider in the window looks back lit by a blue light?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am absolutely jealous, its marvelous! If you do it again this year, then I can see loads of changes and improvements being done. Sadly, I live in an apartment and thus, I can't do any outside decor unless I want a wreath on the front door.:mad:

Reactions: Lukewa

·
Registered
444 Posts
We have a menards here, so bought quite a few flood lights when they were on sale to illuminate the tombstones. I haven't updated to the gemmy spotlights on them just because I got the floodlights for so cheap!! On the house we are using the vortex gemmy spotlights- 3 of them, in the purple/orange because I think it helps to offset the tombstones.
It is so nice...love Menards. So great having Menards, Lowes, and Home Depot.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can see why the spiders are a big hit! Are you using any lighting from inside your house? Third photo- the spider in the window looks back lit by a blue light?
We had the projector from haunted depot that did the dancing ghosts and the phantoms rising up. It was a pretty big hit this fall with trick or treaters!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am absolutely jealous, its marvelous! If you do it again this year, then I can see loads of changes and improvements being done. Sadly, I live in an apartment and thus, I can't do any outside decor unless I want a wreath on the front door.:mad:
Then I hope you have the most badass wreath possible!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well the spiders are great. I have the same kinda thing going on, only with large spider webs. how do you attach the spiders to the house? I am also wanting the HD spider. I am thinking about a large spider on top of the house or over the entire driveway.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts