Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
almost have my gravedigger finished. I feel like something is missing. What do y'all think? Thanx, in advance, for your ideas!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think you did a great job on him, I think if he was a lil more dirty it would help, but good work so far.

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
I love it Cathy. But I think he would actually look more creepy without the hat. Just my opinion, but the hat looks a little too citified. I also think he needs to be a little dirty. Will he be holding the shovel at all? He looks really well proportioned. You did a great job building him. I am impressed.

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
Awesome job! I like the face, especially, and the tie is perfect.
I love it Cathy. But I think he would actually look more creepy without the hat. Just my opinion, but the hat looks a little too citified. I also think he needs to be a little dirty. Will he be holding the shovel at all? He looks really well proportioned. You did a great job building him. I am impressed.
I think even dirtying up the hat a bit would do the trick-- pop the seam in a couple of places, get it a little out of shape.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,862 Posts
I'd say lose the hat, tie and jacket. Gravediggers wouldn't be dressed up to do their work. Dirty up his clothes and maybe fix the shovel in his hands?

I love the creepy face and he'll look fantastic out in a dimly lit graveyard!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
what's missing.....a lantern

Just my humble opinion, but I think he needs a new outfit...he looks more like a groom than a gravedigger.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Looks good. I'm on board with the "dirty him up" comments. I would also suggest losing the hat. It just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of his outfit.

If I were putting him in my graveyard, I would actually dirty of the jacket, and have it resting across a tombstone next to him. I would have him, in a dirty shirt and suspenders, standing with his shovel. I think he'd look good with the shirt tucked in and suspenders - it just adds to the era feeling.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanx, everyone, for all your great suggestions!!!! I appreciate them all!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree...the proportion is great, but since he's in a suit, tie and nice dress shoes, how about adding a briefcase or suitcase with a body part(s) hanging out, and maybe a "pink slip" in his hand...as if he got fired, and he was burying what's left of his boss. It would sure be fitting with all the layoff's going on. I'm new to the forum, but just a thought.

·
Reaper Queen
8,621 Posts
great face, love it! I guess I can't add anymore than what the others said, I agree , lose the hat,and dirty him up. , a lantern is always good, plus, having him hold the shovel, with the start of the hole dug, so it looks like he has been busy working!

·
Master of my own Universe
969 Posts
I agree with everyone else's comments. although a different hat can look good, something like a flat cap. Maybe lose the jacket and tie but add a vest, and a lantern on one hand and him holding the shovel ...

As a reference, here is a pic of my gravedigger from last year

1 - 20 of 21 Posts