Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, if you have Never built a model Anything before I prolly wouldn't recommend this. I've built Many diecast metal body cars growing up as a kid which led to me being into car mechanic and just overall figuring things out without instruction.
This dollhouse is a new project I've never done before and I'm working on integrating it into my Halloween haunt somehow. I hope you all enjoy the journey with me! The base (last picture) took me maybe 2 hours tops...mostly searching for parts in that stack of wood. Ill take more pics of the build as it progresses. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using super glue on select connections, I "may" b missing a piece so....that last pic is where the progress ends. I emailed the shop scout it but I'll also continue to look also

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I done run out of super glue, and its -10° outside so....another day haha

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These rounded window rooms Suck to assemble. I would not recommend these builds to ages 5-13 😂🤔🧐

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thawed out my wood glue from my -3 garage 🥶. The show must go on!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tossing in the towel for 2nite...the instructions are getting worse and worse so its really a matter of finding out what pieces fit together properly now. If you will notice in the 2nd pic, that second story corner isn't complete and thats because I'm 98% sure the pieces were cut wrong so I'm gonna just leave that corner open for now. Im currently trying to figure out how the two chimneys come together because there is ZERO instruction on them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks great! I feel you on the glue. I went to paint yesterday and every thing was frozen solid. 9' here, 10"s of snow and still falling.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I Just uploaded a YouTube video about struggles with this dollhouse from etsy so if anyone is planning to invest please do watch it ok? Its under gothic mansion dollhouse kit

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,098 Posts
Have you just stopped using real curse words & started just creating new ones because the old ones just aren't working anymore? Because that's what my husband would do & you could probably hear him in Iowa!!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha actually yeah, I dont curse in front of family cause they could stumble across these videos at any time. I also don't like cursing in front of kids because the thought of a 5-8 year old already swearing Really irritates me. So I've come up with new swear words. Dinkle-derr = Dumbass, Freaken-freaker-fragen = GD...you get the idea

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,098 Posts
Have you ever seen "The Good Place"? They changed certain curse words so I now use "fork", "motherforker", "bullshirt", "son of a bench", "corksucker", "dinkhead" & "ashhole" instead of the real words if I'm in certain company.

I think you can figure out what the REAL words are for those on your own!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, this is as it stands now....been doing window dressing, balconies and chimney work...I got the chimneys figured out shortly after the video. Prolly gonna leave the 2nd staircase out, like I mentioned, because its missing stairs. I never got a reply back from birdswoodshack about the incorrect cut piece(s) or the lack of instruction about the base and chimney but now the price is dropping. All thats left is the roof and backing...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts