Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted some videos the other day for our Haunted Drury Lane yard haunt, but the props didn't show up very well in the night video. So here's some video of some of the props in the day. Note that only 4 legs are working in the video. I have to keep replacing all the fishing lines because it is not well designed and they keep snapping after about 6 hours of use. But all 8 legs do move when it's all working.

YouTube - Haunted Drury Lane 2008 Props Daytime

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The spider is basically a reverse flying crank ghost. The motor is in the center of the body and the shaft points downward. There's a crank arm on the motor with the usual pivoting washer where the fishing lines are tied to. The fishing lines go out the sides of the body in the gaps between the legs, up over the body and across to the opposite leg. I need to redesign it for next year so that there isn't so much friction on the fishing line. They are chaffing on the plywood base of the body.

·
The Grated Pumpkin
1,426 Posts
XP, I love the zombie a lot! You might consider replacing the fishing line with Parallel Straight-Edge Cable, available at art and drafting shops... it's a flexible wire cable covered with nylon that would make a great substitute and should break a lot less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts