Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished building this beauty :) It was so much fun to build and I can't wait to get him out for halloween! He's 6 feet tall and he'll be going above my front door so everyone will have to get up close and personal if they want candy. I think I'll call him Venenvm :D. I'm about halfway through a 'spookyblue' pumpkin scarecrow then after that I'm going to try for a spider victim. Anyone know of a step by step of a spider victim?

I also did a step by step if anyone's interesetd:
Giant Spider step by step

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Wow! Looking really good!

Your how-to is great -- love the pics. Especially the "dead spider" pic.

Thanks for posting all the info!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Inspired by your spider, I started one Tuesday.

This weekend, I'll foam, fiberglass and paint him. I plan to use flashing lights under red ping pong balls for the eyes. I'll carve the fangs from scrap wood.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, it does look great. I'll be keeping an eye out for you final pics because I think I'm going to build a bigger one next year and yours is looking good with those long legs :) Did you use the metal 'c' clamps and pvc tee's to connect it to the body? Do they seem to work well with those long legs?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you use the metal 'c' clamps and pvc tee's to connect it to the body? Do they seem to work well with those long legs?
Yes, I used the pipe clamps. Your system works great. The only weak link in the design is the long legs themselves. I don't think that the 3/4" sch40 will be able to support the spider. It shouldn't be an issue, though. She will be up on the roof. Next year, I'm going to make another one and use a wiper motor to actuate the legs like the 'wiper spider' on youtube.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sweeeet!, as far as a victom, make a dummy with some clothes and wrap him with spider webbing, go to walmart and get one of those crawling hands and use that for his hand. he'll be wrapped up in a coocoon but his hand will still be moving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've finally got it shaped and got some color on it. My wife says it needs a contrasting color. Any suggestions???? I still plan on putting some eyes on it made from LED tea lights with halves of red ping pong balls over each.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i think brown also...Maybe a couple of different browns. Google spiders and some have stripes on their legs and bodies

1 - 20 of 21 Posts