Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not quite finished, but too excited not to share some progress photos!

Our theme is Monsterama in 3D! Scientists have found a portal to the Monster World right in our garage! Our garage will be a 3D blacklight chromadepth haunt. Our outside display features two 40ft Monsters! We were influenced by monster movie kaiju and are painted in uv reactive paint. Luckily we have found outside blacklights this year and the results are stunning! Hopefully I will get some good night photos soon!

Our yard spider from 4 years ago got an awesome upgrade!

Our new centipede

Our garage walkthrough sign

My lame attempt at a night photo

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every four years we do something out of the box. It is difficult to keep all my treasures packed away, but it helps my traditional props from growing stale.

People have been asking for years about our spider's return. I hope they like the new version!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great take on the spider and the centipede is definately outside the box, congrats!

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I found a video on youtube comparing different outdoor black light solutions. The maker of the rope spiderwebs seen on ebay and etsy. I bought several to use in and around my haunt displays. I have used two in the front yard and the results are amazing! Here is the video comparison...

http://youtu.be/rtycRTnyD4c

There is a link of the video for his website. Can't recommend enough!

Here are a few night shots. Hard to capture just how bright my creatures look.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Can't wait to see the inside pictures. After collecting paint and pieces for a couple of years, I'm ready to do a 3D blacklight haunt next year but am having trouble with a theme. I don't want it to be too cute and clowns are overdone so I'm short on ideas. Your Monsterama has really got my creative juices flowing.

·
Registered
455 Posts
very well built and cool idea.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts