Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few shots of my Ghoulfest 08. Traffic was down due to the high school football game, but still had about 160 TOTs that got candy, but many more would not come up. I also had about 60 unaccompanied parents to visit as well.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
WOW...did you make that bloody zombie in the graveyard and what is all the brown stuff scattered about? Awesome...wish I could go that scarey but my TOTers all seem to be under 10yrs old.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
Good looking display. I really need to make time to take pics next year. Seeing all the kids and visitors is what motivates me to keep doing this. You did it up right!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Answers to Questions

Deadna - The bloody zombie is named Willie Skinner. Willie is a pvc pipe armature that supports an old seamstress dummy body (mid thigh to neck). The head, arms, and legs are parts that are purchased from various online and in town merchants. Willie stands on a 1/4 inch steel plate that has 2 threaded rods that go up through his boots and into the end of the pvc pipe that extends through the legs. In order to steady the whole thing, there are nuts & bolts on each corner that allows some levelling to be done. The brown stuff inside the cemetery is pine straw. I use the pine straw to simulate dirt and to hide extension cords. Once Halloween is over, I rake up the pine straw, move it to the back yard to use a ground cover for some bedding plants and to cover some areas where grass will not grow due to shade. I have many TOTs under 10 as well that will brave the horrors!

MsMeeple - No, Edmund Jones (hold Vlad's head), the ghoul in the toe pincher is not a DJ. The stereo speakers needed a good place that would allow the sound to escape and where the "guests" wouldn't damage them so Edmund's bier was the perfect spot.

Everyone - I appreciate your comments!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bama- Willie is an excellent example of what a lot of us like. Salvaging parts and making something truly unique, "real" and scary is what we strive to achieve. Great job! Nothing brings people together like fear. Aint it great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Attain - Willie was a fun build, nothing like doing surgery with a reciprocating saw! I agree that nothing brings folks together like fear. What you can't see is the party that was going on on the left side of the drive or the number of neighbors that sit outside to hand out their treats so they can watch the show!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts