Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
That is incredible! I love the detail to your set. I would like to see how you set up the walls along your garage and what you made them out of. I want to do something similar with mine and would appreciate any pointers.

Great job!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is incredible! I love the detail to your set. I would like to see how you set up the walls along your garage and what you made them out of. I want to do something similar with mine and would appreciate any pointers.

Great job!
I built the panels out of 4 x 8 sheets of plywood, get the thinnest you can get to cut down on weight. I backed the plywood with 2 x 2 framing and reinforced spots that have attachments with plywood backing. The panel with the door is framed with 2 x 4 which adds a lot of strength but wow its heavy. IAfter halloween ill send you some pics of the backside of the panels.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great job man! I love it!
Thanks J-Man I really appreciate that. I was hoping to set up a Pirate themed display in my other garage and use your squawkers controller but we moved and ran out of time but there's always next year!

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
Seriously, that's your garage!?!!! Just rated your thread 5 stars and would give it more if I could. :D I love it, the whole setting, script, props, lighting, just everything. Still having a hard time believing it's a garage set up and not on a theater set. Do you have any photos of setting up? That would be educational to see. If not, could you post some when you are ready to take down? I'm also curious what this looks like to the ToTers as they walk up to your house and if you do anything special at the garage entrance.

I would love to see your scenery flats as you are disassembling them and how you anchor them together for support. I don't think most people get to see "behind the curtain" or backstage of play productions which this really is. Most garage haunts I've seen are maze walk through, not all, but this is a cool take on a garage set up. And of course being in an enclosed garage you've got the protection from most of the elements which plague many of us. This is a such a beautiful set and you've nailed it with the right amount of details. Thanks for the video! Is your background in theater?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seriously, that's your garage!?!!! Just rated your thread 5 stars and would give it more if I could. :D I love it, the whole setting, script, props, lighting, just everything. Still having a hard time believing it's a garage set up and not on a theater set. Do you have any photos of setting up? That would be educational to see. If not, could you post some when you are ready to take down? I'm also curious what this looks like to the ToTers as they walk up to your house and if you do anything special at the garage entrance.

I would love to see your scenery flats as you are disassembling them and how you anchor them together for support. I don't think most people get to see "behind the curtain" or backstage of play productions which this really is. Most garage haunts I've seen are maze walk through, not all, but this is a cool take on a garage set up. And of course being in an enclosed garage you've got the protection from most of the elements which plague many of us. This is a such a beautiful set and you've nailed it with the right amount of details. Thanks for the video! Is your background in theater?
Yep thats my garage I purposely built it so that it would fit in a typical 2 car garage. I will definitely post up some behind the scene shots before and as I take it down to show everyone how I put it together. Having it self contained inside the garage is great and takes all the worry out of it. I really love detail so when I designed and built it I tried to keep it as believable as possible. One of the challenges I had was I had to downsize the fireplace because it would have taken up too much room so i couldn't use an off the shelf fireplace surround, I ended up building it out of plywood and moldings. I really appreciate your feedback its great to get positive feedback from others on the forum. Believe it or not im a building inspector but would have loved to had worked as a set designer.

·
Sleep with one eye open
588 Posts
Holy crap , that was fantastic . I was working on a Seance theme this year as well but work got in the way of arduino programming . You did an awesome job with incorporating the projections into your scene . The door flying open , the 3 axis skull and the scene is amazing . Did you create the audio script or was that something you found online ? You are going to get so many well deserved compliments on Halloween night !

1 - 20 of 63 Posts