Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,604 Posts
Looks fantastic. Excellent detail!

Reactions: HomeBrew

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally I was thinking the coffin... How about you answer both :D?
The coffin isn't super heavy so in this picture it's just leaning up against a shepherds hook. I'll have it leaning against the house when on display. The corpse is supported a few different ways. The
The ribcage area is wired to the coffin frame and the plastic I used to corpse it is melted right into the burlap adding more support.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
The coffin isn't super heavy so in this picture it's just leaning up against a shepherds hook. I'll have it leaning against the house when on display. The corpse is supported a few different ways. The
The ribcage area is wired to the coffin frame and the plastic I used to corpse it is melted right into the burlap adding more support.
Awesome build! You even one-upped me! I never mentioned how I mounted the body in mine. I supported the corpse with a block of 4x4 behind the neck and another behind the spine just above the pelvis. That was the reason for the strip of wood lathe down the back of mine- to screw the blocks into. Works fine for a static prop but wouldn't have worked with the mechanics you put in.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome build! You even one-upped me! I never mentioned how I mounted the body in mine. I supported the corpse with a block of 4x4 behind the neck and another behind the spine just above the pelvis. That was the reason for the strip of wood lathe down the back of mine- to screw the blocks into. Works fine for a static prop but wouldn't have worked with the mechanics you put in.
Thanks Nightfisher! Now that I borrow your ideas, can I borrow the web shooter? I'm kidding.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No. You will just one-up me with it too! lol
Oh come on man!!! Lol! Yours is still better anyway. The detail on the boards for yours is crazy good. You can tell you really spent a ton of time on those details. I was just speed carving.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts