Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went downtown a few days ago and went through the Ripley's Haunted house. Not too scary seeing as they only have about 4 actors when it's not the season but it sure felt good walking through a haunt. The setup of the place is really nice too. I stopped and admired a few times. I also went to the Alamo for the fist time and I have lived in SAn Antonio for almost 20 years and never been. haha

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was desperate for a Halloween fix recently too. Had to settle for the backroom of the year-round Christmas ornament store where the Halloween stuff occupies a small niche.
Not much of anything new except some cool Dept 56 buildings. It was still nice to be amongst some Halloween here in May.

·
Registered
281 Posts
this may sound weird but when I need a Halloween fix I just dress in one of my costumes and watch horror movies or listen to my halloween music playlist. Recently I've been listening to the playlist while browsing the internet and while painting.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Ahhh, the old needing a Halloween fix, i used to know it well. But not anymore.
You see i spend almost every waking moment of my life doing something halloween related. I have so many prop projects in my basement it looks like a crypt. When i'm not building props i'm planning out new ones or improving existing ones.Ibrowse costume catalogs frequently putting together ideas for future years costumes. It is a beautiful feeling though to be able to go someplace and just stand and drool around halloween stuff.

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Ahhh, the old needing a Halloween fix, i used to know it well. But not anymore.
You see i spend almost every waking moment of my life doing something halloween related. I have so many prop projects in my basement it looks like a crypt. When i'm not building props i'm planning out new ones or improving existing ones.Ibrowse costume catalogs frequently putting together ideas for future years costumes. It is a beautiful feeling though to be able to go someplace and just stand and drool around halloween stuff.
Ditto that :) I've got my own personal graveyard in the basement too. heh.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
I have a fully stocked working haunted house as we speak. My husband and I built it a few years back it's about 2700 square feet and has electricity. It still has everything in it just as it was last Halloween. All I have to do is go out there turn everything on and I'm good (minus the actors :( ) But I think what GDfreak was talking about is getting a little Halloween fix out in the world. Going out seeing set-ups, decorations or props that you haven't seen before and did not make. Getting the feeling that it's Fall/Halloween even if it's only May.

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
this may sound weird but when I need a Halloween fix I just dress in one of my costumes and watch horror movies or listen to my halloween music playlist. Recently I've been listening to the playlist while browsing the internet and while painting.
You do that to? Guess I am not the only weirdo on this forum, oh wait, I dont do that, thats to weird for me. :rolleyes:

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Went downtown a few days ago and went through the Ripley's Haunted house. Not too scary seeing as they only have about 4 actors when it's not the season but it sure felt good walking through a haunt. The setup of the place is really nice too. I stopped and admired a few times. I also went to the Alamo for the fist time and I have lived in SAn Antonio for almost 20 years and never been. haha
I went through that one 4 times when I was there back in 2006 (in February). The price included all 3 attractions, but I talked them into letting me go through the HH 3 times instead. Then, later, my wife went through it with me. I swear I heard someone mutter HIM again! I liked the way the layout was neither square nor triangular, but rather random. And, yes, it was obvious they were operating on a "skeleton crew", but it was still worth the money... especially for a mid-year fix!

Side comment: My favorite part of the Alamo was the scale-model of the entire fort (in the gift shop) and surrounding area.

·
likes candy & razorblades
1,085 Posts
i come here.

and i have a stack of props to work on...

im also going to a lot of yard sales and picking up old costumes people are selling and random things. then i have to store the costumes and get to open the giant trunk of them i have and put them away.

Im also taking video of cemeteries for a project in the future and so thats been great fun

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
I really wish I had a basement.

I come here and the other Hforum to get my fix. I just recently turned one of our bedrooms into a workroom for "crafts" :rolleyes: so I'm doing a bit more on the Halloween projects.

GDFreak - when I was in San Antonio a while back, the last day we went to go see Ripley's and the Alamo, but we got there barely an hour before closing and had to decide which one to see - and went to the Ripley's. I'm so jealous!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts