Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Finally finished my very first tombstones!!! going to add some 'swamp moss', ravens. Any other ideas? thanx in advance.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
I think they turned out great.

If i could offer up a suggestion though, try spraying them with water from a spray bottle and them misting the grave with black and grey spray paint to give it an old weathered look. Other than that very nicely done.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,856 Posts
Wow! Those are your first attempts? Beautiful job!

I agree with Big Nick - the only thing I'd do is a little bit of weathering to make them look a little less new, but that's strictly my opinion - they will be beautiful out in your graveyard on a spooky fall night!:cool:

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Wow! Those are great for a "first time".

Ah, I still remember my first time, such wonderful memories. :p

Aging would be good, and there are several methods, but the carving and construction look great! Keep it up.

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
My first tombstones look like a 6yr old made them. I sure could have used this forum back then. I think those are just beautiful, and definitely do not look like a first attempt. Looks like a pro made them. I also like the cherubs. Where did you find them? They are the perfect size.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all very much for the compliments!!! I loved making these tombstones! It took a couple of months to make them because the weather wouldn't co-operate. :) It seemed like I spent more time either waiting for a 70 degree day or watching putty/ adhesive/paint to dry, than I spent actually working on them.
JustWhisper- I found the cherubs at a thrift store. And this time of year, some stores have cherubs in their garden shop. Hobby Lobby, our craft store, has some amazing ones that I am waiting on to go on sale! :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
p.s.- If it weren't for this forum, I never would have been able to make them. I didn't even know 2" foam existed til I started reading this forum. And I certainly wouldn't have thought to use it as a tombstone. So, 'thank you' to everyone that has done a tutorial, or expressed an idea about tombstones, cause I am sure I have read it. thank you! thank you! thank you!:) :) :)

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Those look great! My tombstones have gotten better and better over the years so I can't wait to see what you come up with latter! I also really like the one with the angels!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts