Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've lurked on this forum for a long time... I've watched and read tutorials, and I finally decided to attempt my first tombstone. It is by no means as good as most I've seen on here, but I thought that I should share it for feed back...
I'm a True Blood fan so I decided to do a tombstone with William Compton... It is not inline with what I first envisioned but here it is....

Any feedback is welcome... I find I have great difficulty with smaller lettering... I cut these with an x-acto knife... My next one I will try a dremel tool.
~ Bill

·
Registered
129 Posts
Love it, my first two years mine didn't come out this good, hopin this year I'll be better, also LOVE True Blood!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,550 Posts
Really nice job! The lettering is perfect for the scale of the stone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great job! Are you going to do one for Eric and the other undeads?
I hadn't really thought of doing one for Eric... I'm off to the drawing board now....

To everyone else, thanks for the kind words. Oddly, making the tombstone was rather "therapuetic"... my job is stressful and it was a great stress reliever... it also helps that I'm addicted to halloween:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My tombstones (was "My first tombstone attempt")

So I've finally finished my second tombstone. I used a few other techniques on this one. The name is actually my wife's best friend... I know maybe a bit morbid...

All comments and suggestions are welcome :)

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
Nice work on them! Looks like you have been making them for years!

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I've finally finished my second tombstone. I used a few other techniques on this one. The name is actually my wife's best friend... I know maybe a bit morbid...

All comments and suggestions are welcome :)
The stone look great, but maybe make a base for it to give it a little more depth..keep crankin them out mang, you got talent!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts