Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a couple of photos of my first talking skull I build using a Bucky skull and r/c servos. Now can anyone point me to a controller to make to talk?I have a computer and VSA software. Money is tight so less than 50.00. Also how do you guys handle the seam around the skull when corpsing?all the corpsing I've done was to two piece skulls no seam on the skull.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
If you look at some of my pictures you can see my buckys that i corpsed. In all honesty you harld notice the seam on the skull when its all done. I did mine using latex and panty hose. I highly recomend going this way. If you are very nervous about the seem being visible just either add more latex or leave the panty hose in such a way that it covers the seam.

Nice job BTW on the servo. Was it hard to do? I have been thinking a lot about doing a talking skull but i think i am gonna wait till next year.

Good Luck

·
Registered
73 Posts
You might want to consider one of the Scary Terry audio servo boards:
Cowlacious Scary Terry Products

The new version will control a couple of led eyes and a servo in sync with audio, no VSA or computer required. Runs on 4 AA batteries so the only cable you need to run is the audio from a CD or MP3 player. A cheap MP3 player could also be mounted in the skull to eliminate all cables.

Otherwise it's hard to beat the Lynxmotion SSC32 with 32 servo ports for $40. That and VSA is overkill for a one servo setup but will come in handy the more servos or skulls you add.

SSC-32 Servo Controller

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Yep, what Deathly said. For a single servo, the Cow board is a good way to go, but if you're considering expanding, go for the SSC-32.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts