Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The skull looks great. Is it connected to a computer or does it have a self contained control unit? I am thinking about buying a talking skull this year. Why did you select the this one over others? Thanks
It is connected to a computer for the test. Will be ran off an MP3 player when finished. I picked this one after doing a lot of reading here on the forum. Audioservocontrol was highly rated for quality and price. I could not afford a 3 axis at the moment. I am considering that next. I am not a skilled builder by no means so a kit was not an option for me. I might try one next. A bit skeptical though.
Here's another test I did today. It will be dressed up much different in the next phases. I just didn't have the time to dig out a better costume.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TaBvy7ZAVN8&persist_app=1&app=m

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
It is connected to a computer for the test. Will be ran off an MP3 player when finished. I picked this one after doing a lot of reading here on the forum. Audioservocontrol was highly rated for quality and price. I could not afford a 3 axis at the moment. I am considering that next. I am not a skilled builder by no means so a kit was not an option for me. I might try one next. A bit skeptical though.
Here's another test I did today. It will be dressed up much different in the next phases. I just didn't have the time to dig out a better costume.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TaBvy7ZAVN8&persist_app=1&app=m
Thought I might add for those wondering that Danski's computer is merely providing the audio, the jaw sync is handled by the AUDIO SERVO CONTROLLER installed in the Skull. ;) Looks great Dan!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes thank you J-Man. I did not have to do anything except add power and sound. I did build a stand for it which required screwing a 3/4 tee inside the skull.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to also mention----Jack at audio servo also gave me a good tooth and removed a few other at no charge. Added bonus------yessssss

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Thanks J-Man. I never knew I had to make them mobile and pc available. Is there a way I can set that on my channel I am missing?
Not sure on that. When I clicked one of your original links I didn't notice that there was an "m." in front of "youtube" in the url. This took me to the mobile site which looks very generic on a PC and the videos won't play. Once on the Mobile site my PC keep that in cookies and wouldn't go back to the PC site on it's own, even when I used previous links. At the very bottom of the Mobile page there are a few clickable options, one of them is "desktop". Clicking on that brought me back to the proper format and I was able to view your videos, which now had a slightly different url.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes that's exactly what I meant. Not only am I going blind but auto fill keeps giving me the wrong words. I do pretty much everything on my iPhone now. Can't see a thing----LOL.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
You're not alone, I just retired, 37 years as a Union Sheet Metal Worker, and the eyes are not what they used to be. Gotta take the glasses off when doing anything up close. Can't even see my food anymore with them on! I'm sure one day soon I'll need Walgreens Readers! :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts