Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is my first attempt at corpsifing a $7.00 skull form Big Lots.
First photo is side by side to what it looked like and wht it looks like after the treatment.
Let me know what ya all think. And might suggest for my next attempt.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Looks great to me too! great job. Why do they have to make the originals looks so...........bad? Guess then we wouldn't have anything to do !
Lol!! so very true, Lynn..:D

Variant. Nice corpsing job, could I ask what technique you used ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol!! so very true, Lynn..:D

Variant. Nice corpsing job, could I ask what technique you used ?
Pretty simple actually. I painted the whole skull white(which probably could be skipped) let it dry, applied liquid latex (I have Rd40? from another project) all over the skull, then take the cheap halloween spider webs and lace it all over for that sinew look, latex again to build up areas of interest,let it dry then cover the skull in your choice of wood stain. The wood stain took about a week to totally dry, then I used acrylic paints and did all the highlighting of the skull and darkened the eye scokets.
On the next skull i will be adding paper towels or toilet paper for the old dreid up skin look.

·
Registered
30 Posts
that made it look so much better. excellent work. I am going to try doing this to my skulls. any tips or common mistakes that may occur?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that made it look so much better. excellent work. I am going to try doing this to my skulls. any tips or common mistakes that may occur?
The really cool thing about common mistakes is they can bring about a really cool effect. The spider webs I used had the potential to look very crappy but the results were awesome. The only thing I can recomend is to let every step dry completely. Wear gloves,the spider webs are a pain in the but to work with but if you prep about a 12"x12" sheet and put it to the side it'll help. The latex I used did not ship well and is very sludge like so it dreid really quickly, so prep work is important along with paitence. Which I have none so this was a stepping stone for me in that aspect
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts