Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay!
I just finished 1st prop for Halloween 2009, my graveyard caretaker.

There are so many creative people on here, I'm kind of embarrassed
to admit that I didn't build it completely from scratch! LOL

Head, hands and lantern I bought from Ghostride and Somethin' Different...body is made from pvc, foam and bubble wrap. Clothes from Goodwill. Neck servo I had laying around.
Anyway, here he is, I'm pretty happy with the way he turned out and he cost me about 1/4 of the ready-to-buy version by doing it myself.

·
Registered
184 Posts
no need to be embarrassed that guy is cool !!! do you know where u got that neck servo ? let me know, thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yay!
I just finished 1st prop for Halloween 2009, my graveyard caretaker.

Anyway, here he is, I'm pretty happy with the way he turned out and he cost me about 1/4 of the ready-to-buy version by doing it myself.

You did a great job davy2, and just think..... all the money you saved on the making of this prop can now go towards the start of a whole new family of graveyard ghouls. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
This guy is awesome! I love how the movements of his head along with the expresison on the face really give him that "darting, terrified looking around" quality. Very well done.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daddy, that's a good point...i'll see what I can do...I kinda have to disrobe him to get to it...didn't even occur to me as I was working on it, was so anxious to get it done ...it's basically a pvc pipe extending up thru another larger pipe...turning neck pipe attached to a turntable on bottom end, servo attached to bottom of turntable., head attached to other end of turning pipe..I'll take pics and draw it out...
LOL

·
Registered
591 Posts
also which head or mask did you use?I need a caretaker for my cemetery this year.and might use the neck idea for my grim reaper too.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
head is from one of my favorite vendors Ghost Ride Productions, called "Caretaker with hair" on THIS page...no, don't work for them, just really like their stuff!...my caretaker is a cheaper version of theirs, which rotates at the waist, I believe, instead of the neck

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, thanks Scourge, and everyone else, for your very kind comments! :D

Chicken, it's a servocity 4 servo controller

Rookie, no vsa for this prop, though I do use it for my skeleton...this uses the servocity 4-servo controller that records and plays back animation, though there is probably a cheaper alternative for a single servo somewhere...the lantern does light up, plugs into landscape lighting wire, it's a 12v light, and the cricket sounds come out of a speaker in the bottom

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again to all of you! You're all too kind! :eek:

FYI, I just posted a "Head-turn how-to" in the tutorial section...requested by someone in this thread..

My first how-to, so go easy! :p
LOL

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha, Thanks, face...don't be scared!

once you've tried motorized or servo stuff, you realize that it's (usually) really easy!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Great Job Davy2....

Kinda reminds me of the snoopy old lady across the street....she'll stand in the yard and look up and down the cul-de-sac just like your caretaker

1 - 20 of 27 Posts