Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ok, I broke down today and after searching for about 3 hours I bought my first prop for the year. Since I'm doing scarecrow/pumpkin rot theme I bought the bad seed mask. The costume still goes for about $250-$300. That is a little outrageous for what I'm looking for. I finally found a site that had the mask for $150 and after using a promotional code on the net I got it for $134! I figure I can make the cheap burlap sack outfit and hands myself for a lot cheaper. And they would be much more realistic. lol

Regards,

Growler

·
Registered
4 Posts
Excellent choice! Onlinefabricstore.net has burlap on sale for $1.60/yard. Is your scarecrow/pumpkin rot theme an outside-only display?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, love the scarecrow!

yes, it will be an ouside theme. I'm going to make the crosses to hang some of the scarecrow/pumpkin rot bodies. I bought the bad seed one to make into a creature reacher so I could wear it and scare the hell out of people. lol I'll stand in front of one of the crosses so it looks like I'm attached too. Then follow them down the drive when they leave.

I also have ideas for other bad seed props but, still working on them. More to come later.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal! scarecrows are one of my favorite fall decorations... as long as they aren't too silly, like the one i saw last year which resembled a barbie doll.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Hi, love the scarecrow!

yes, it will be an ouside theme. I'm going to make the crosses to hang some of the scarecrow/pumpkin rot bodies. I bought the bad seed one to make into a creature reacher so I could wear it and scare the hell out of people. lol I'll stand in front of one of the crosses so it looks like I'm attached too. Then follow them down the drive when they leave.

I also have ideas for other bad seed props but, still working on them. More to come later.

Ah...scaring the hell outta people...tis a noble quest. :D

We did something similar last year, in that I modified a bunch of those craft store scarecrows, then had the youngest dress up just like them and stand next to her own cross...she enjoyed the screams it generated :D

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it turns out my first prop purchase is a bust! The company called and said that their supplier no longer has them and has no idea if they will even get them this year. At least they were willing to reimburse my card. The other mask they offered in exchange was just too cute and I don't do cute!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts