Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to start working on some of the props for the school's haunted house this year. This was the first one I did as it was by far the easiest to tackle. I used a cardboard box as the shell for it, then gutted a thrift store radio for all the dials, etc. The lights are some of the cheap rice lights you can get at michaels, the strobe light is a halloween light/baton of some sort that I had, all the labels were leftover from the proton pack I built and I just added them for added appeal. Alltogether it only cost me about 10 bucks to make.

Here is a short vid of the lights:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Another one of my asylum props, this was inspired by the pale night asylum door. I do not really have the time/money to do all that is needed to make it that good, instead here is my plan for it. The window will house behind it an endless hallway effect (2 way mirrors) to make it look like an endless asylum hallway. Along the bottom I am going to use a setup like the 3d-TV that is found on the monster halloween list and have a face and/or hands pressing out of the spandex that is stretched across the frame. Unfortunately the window came out a little crooked, I didn't measure all that well, but it kind of makes it look more grungy so I like it. The only spandex that I could find locally was a 'flesh' colored spandex, I just weathered it really hard to try and get the color dulled down to a more brown metallic look.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dave, it turned out a LOT better than I thought it would. you can see the wood that I used on the frame to hold up the 'window'(which is actually just a cheap picture frame I got at walmart). The flash really showed the frame though, in lower light you cant see it.

edit: Good to see another North Carolinian on here, Im over in Fayetteville myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts